June 2013 Moms
Options

DH time off

How much time will your husband, BF, FI our whatever take off after you have the baby assuming everything goes okay?

I THOUGHT we had agreed on 1wk for vaginal delivery and 2wks for a c section. Tonight my husband said we can't afford that. Yes I know we can't afford it. But at the same time it's our first child! I could ask other family for help, they have already offered. I want my husband here with me! I want to take that short amount of time to bond with our family and try to learn the ropes together. I really hope he changes his mind. Am I being unreasonable... :: mobile sad face ::

Re: DH time off

• Options
    DH gets a month of paid paternity leave.
  • Options
    My husband gets 5 days.  I wish he got a month!  
    Riley 12/24/08 Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I think he will still have 3 vacation days left when she arrives. He will take at least 2 of those days.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    photo its20a20girl_zpsy8rztyxtjpg
  • Options
    My husband is taking six weeks off. Two weeks of it he is using paid vacation and the other four he will receive about two thirds pay. He took six weeks for DS1 and it was great. Some may think six weeks is excessive but that's what he wanted to do and we
    image         image

• Options
    He took off one week and I was in the hospital delivered Monday, released Friday. I had a csection. He owns his own business so he needs to be there with his employees.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    BC&LMBC&LM member
    My husband's definitely taking off at least a week. We will go from there and see if the baby and I need him longer. If we did, he might be able to take off more time, work reduced hours, or work from home. For the most part, his boss is pretty understand
  • Options
    My hubby is military and he's scheduled to leave again just 3 days after my due date. So not only will he not have the days off but he' ll be completely gone... Woe is me

TTC since 03/2011
    BFP#1 spontaneous conception! 4/28/12 natural MC on 5/9/12
    IUI#1 with clomid and trigger on 9/12/12
    BFP#2 on 9/26/12 EDD 6/5/13
    Beta #1 143 14dpo Beta #2 343 16dpo Beta #3 920 18dpo
    Please, Please, Please stick baby!

Baby Mackenzie born 5/28/2013!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    mine's taking 2 weeks - he's using paid vacation time though.... i don't think you're being unreasonable but that's a difficult situation :(
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    With my son I delivered Thursday and my husband went back to work on Monday. We will play it by ear with this one. My husband is in the medical field and he can't just take off as he has patients that need to be seen and he can't just stop being the hospi
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    DH took a week last time, so probably the same this time. He had planned on two weeks, but with so much help around, he decided to go back to work and to save the days until later in the year.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    DH saved up two weeks of vacation time. However, for the last two babies he worked for a workaholic jerk who told him he could use his two weeks of vacation but all of a sudden after the baby was born he cslled and said it would be in his "best interest"
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    My husband is military and gets a week. He can use leave on top of that if needed but I'm asking him to take an extra week or two depending on how much he has saved and when his parents will be here. If his parents are here, I'd rather him go to work so h
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagesheacox:
    My hubby is military and he's scheduled to leave again just 3 days after my due date. So not only will he not have the day
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    jefkjefk member

For you military wives - I don't know how you do it; I certainly couldn't.  I have nothing but respect for you (and your husbands who serve our country).

My DH's work will give him two weeks of unpaid paternity leave, but he has to use all h

• Options
    DH coaches and teaches at a college so thankfully he will be home much more in the summer. Probably completely off work a week or so and then go in for a couple hours a day.
    imageimageimage
    My two girls Flower and Ayla Faye
  • Options
    I've been trying to convince my husband to take two weeks for months. He never misses work personal choice and seldom uses any vacation time. I have a feeling once he meets his son I won't need to do any more convincing!
  • Options
    DH does not get any paid days off or paternity leave.  He used sick time for the couple days I was in the hospital then used vacation time when we were back home.  Total time he was off was a week.  For this LO, DH is trying to save vacatio
  • Options
    My DH has been stocking up vacation time so he's planning on taking one week of paternity plus a week of vaca.  He will still have 3-4 weeks of time after that, so we are thinking he might use another week when I go back to work to make that go more
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    He has enough time for 2 weeks. I'm hoping he can just leave the last two weeks of the school year (we're both teachers). LO would need need to cooperate for that though. 
    My Ovulation Chart

TTC #1 Since July 2012-BFP Sept 27, EDD June 9, 2013, Arrived June 14, 2013
    My blog-The Wino That I Know
  • Options
    Dh will only get a few days off.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    My husband gets 2 weeks paid paternity leave, then he has 40 hours of PTO, which he says he's going to work only 2-3 days a week for a couple weeks (he works retail, so the weekends are busy times, so he will work Fri-Sun, when my mom is off and can help
  • Options
    My DH owns his own business so I'm hoping he's at least able to take a week, or just take emergency calls from home. Last time he took the week off but it was all in the hospital cause I had PTL.... Once he went home it was back to work cause our son was

BFP 5/21/10, Missed m/c 7/5/10 at 11w3d (baby measured 7wks), D&C 7/7/10

Aug/Sept 2010 - CD3&10 b/w & u/s, genetic testing, SA, HSG, & Lap/Hyst to remove septum

12/09/10 BFP -- 7/05/11 DS born at 33w5d. Came home after 23d in NICU at 37w0d

June 2012 - TTC #2! -- 10/05/12 BFP --  5/23/13 DS2 born at 37w1d! Yay full term!

Surprise BFP 6/25/14 LO#3 due Feb2015!

imageimage
  • Options
    DH took 3 paid weeks off last time so I was cleared to drive before he went back to work.

This time he will be on summer break since be works the school calendar. He should be home for about 6 weeks before going back to work. That should rea
  • Options
    DH has around six weeks of vacation and says he will use 23 of them once our son is born. He could take fmla and use short term disability but I think he'd rather use PTO instead.
  • Options
    My hubby is military and is deploying really soon and wont be back home until our son is almost 3 months old. At that point though he will be getting 2 weeks of free leave and then will be using another 2 weeks of his saved leave to have time to bond with

DD1 5/16/2006 8lbs 3oz 21" (2 days late, 36.5 hour labor)
    M/C 12/08/09 6w5d
    DS1 6/27/2013 7lbs 9oz 19.5" (1 day late, 17.5 hour labor)
    M/C 12/18/13 6w1d Twins
    BFP#5 4/6/13 EDD 12/16/2014

BabyFruit Ticker image
  • Options
    imagebaby Gs mommy:
    Dh gets no paid days off. So my mom, aunts, sister and mil will be taking turns. I'm not mad because I know he needs
    My Book Blog

my read shelf:
    Denise's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

• Options
    My fiance will be taking 2 weeks off. He has vacation and sick time he can use
  • Options
    He took a week with Lucy and he's planning to take a week this time. We're hoping for a Friday morning birth so we get a full weekend plus an entire week. :p

Unfortunately, it will probably be unpaid. He used all vacation time in November for

• Options
    With DS, he took off 2 weeks but actually went back for 20 hrs, which ended up being closer to 6 hr days, the second week to save a little extra vacation time for later. It worked well. DS was still in his sleepy slumber. It wasn't til 3 weeks that I f
  • Options
    Depends on day of week that I deliver but he will be with me when I'm in the hospital and first day or two at home. My parents will be down to watch DS and his too most likely shortly after so he will go back and then take some vacation days once everyon

• Options
    With DS1, DH took a total of a week off. I went into labor Monday night after he got off work and DS was born Tuesday. We went home Friday and DH went back to work Monday.

This time he will take the week off that DS2 is born then go back. My

• Options
    If my DH wasn't getting paid we probably wouldn't take much either. Thankfully he is able to spend a week after the birth plus the while month of August at home with us. He can't stay home consecutively because its his busy season at work. Thankfully it
    ~ ~ ~ ~  ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    imageimage
  • Options
    2 days.

m/c 2002 7w2d
    bfp 9.6.12 | edd 5.17.13 | m/c 9.19.12 5w5d

bfp 10.18.12 | edd 6/28/13

beta#1 10.18.12 - 96 / progestrone 32 || beta#2 10.22.12 - 711 || beta#3 10.25.12 - 2608 DD born 6/27/13

bfp 7.16.14 | edd 3/27/15

beta#1 7.18.14 - 149 || beta#2 7.21.14 - ??

• Options
    He gets a week's paternity and will take a week vacation.  He works from home though so he'll be able to go to doctor's appointments and help out a little after that since he can take breaks here and there.
  • Options
    DH won't be taking time off as far as I know.  He is self employed so its not really an option.  Now he may make it half days or something like that to help.  I have family and friends around so if I felt like I needed help I have a support
  • Options
    My husband will takes a couple days off then he's scheduled to leave three weeks after our due date, he's also in the military.
  • Options
    The Air Force gives them two weeks paid leave. I wish it was more after my csection, but I'll take what I can get!
  • Options
    My husbands sick time rolls over and he rarely uses it so he has a lot to use. He said he'll take a minimum of 2, maybe 3 weeks. But it is paid sick time and if it weren't, he'd probably only a take a week.
    BabyFetus Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"