Baby Showers

Baby shower theme

Hello everyone.
Just curious to what kind of themes you had/ or are planning to have as a baby shower.
If you didn't have a theme or don't plan on having one how did you decorate?

Re: Baby shower theme

• 1. You don't decorate or do much of anything if someone offers to host a shower for you.

2. If the hostess wants to know your nursery theme she will ask and go from there with her ideas.  

Nichole Tampa, FL
  • My sis is doing "cute as a button" as my theme and I love it!
    CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers CafeMom Tickers
    O14 January Signature Challenge: Snow Fails
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • LC122LC122 member
    How does everyone know OP isn't the hostess? Stop making assumptions.

We had one shower that didn't have as much of a theme. They used colors we liked and decorated with pictures of us. It was simple and nice.

Our other shower
  • One hostess is doing a vintage circus theme, the other is sticking to browns and blues, I think. Some themes I've used hen hosting include generic pink, nautical, forest critters, and vintage toys. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    My Ovulation Chart

TTC #1 Since July 2012-BFP Sept 27, EDD June 9, 2013, Arrived June 14, 2013
    My blog-The Wino That I Know
  • The shower my cousin threw for me had a garden theme since that was our nursery theme.  Everything was outdoors and she incorporated sunflowers (my favorite flower) into everything.  Even down to the tin boxes of candy that had a silk sunflow

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My shower theme was Bun in the Oven.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • The host kept it simple as we are Team Green with yellow and green colors.
  • My hostest asked what my nursery theme was and she went with that. BASEBALL!!
  • My host is doing "April showers bring May flowers" as my shower is in April and I am expecting a baby girl in May
     Image and video hosting by TinyPic          

image  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • They did a Dr. Seuss, "Oh, the places you'll go" theme. We're team green, so they made the colors blue, pink, and yellow. It's not the nursery theme, but it was really cute!

TTC 17 months, Dx: MFI (morph = 1,) Endo. Surprise BFP after HSG!
  • Mil did a gingerbread baby theme nap cute. I was due in dec so it was fitting.

My other shower wasn't themed. My girlfriends just had a mish mash if cute Pom Poms hanging and some baby bottles filled with stuff.
  • My family is hosting two showers for me.   My aunt is hosting a brunch shower as she knows how much I like breakfast foods and running with that - mamosas (non-alcoholic for me!), chocolate covered strawberries, teas as favours, etc.  My seco

• For my friend I threw an English tea party baby shower.  Mismatched china, tea and lemonade, finger foods and petit fours instead of a cake.  She loved it!  She was having boy/girl twins so I went with English garden colors - pale pinks, bl

M/C April 2005
    M/C July 2006
    BFP 9/28/12
    M/C 10/9/12
    10/30/12 diagnosed with Lupus Anticoagulation
    TTC again 3/11/13
    BFP 5/23/13!! Due Jan 29 with twin boys!

October Siggy Challenge ~ Baby Hitler

• Maybe OPs hostess is like mine, she wanted me to have a lot of input on the theme, invitations (the card, wording, fonts, etc) she took care of it all, but wanted me to be there everytime she was ordering stuff.

Mine is a baby carriage, colors

• The theme of my shower was bumble bees. The invitations said "have you heard the buzz? So and so are expecting twins!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • As for me I many weeks till my shower. I dont like the typical baby boy blue so Ill be using red and grey if its a boy and theme will most likely be sports but a friend of mine ust did noahs ark which i loved but dont wanna take her idea.

For a g

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"