June 2013 Moms

working out

Who of us is still working out at the gym? and what does your work out consist of?

I try to go about 4-5 times a week. 30 to 45 mins walking and the weight machines. I dont lift more than 20 on my arms and 30 on my legs. I leave feeling like I got nothing done unless I push myself and go faster, but then I feel like I might be hurting baby. Does sweating or short of breath = bad for baby?

Re: working out

• I only walk on the TM now. Around 3-3.5mph and 2% incline. I wish I still did weights, good for you! I get SOB sometimes but not gasping. If you are gasping or can't talk to someone you may be working too hard.
    imageimageimage
    My two girls Flower and Ayla Faye
  • I do a yoga class once a week it's not prenatal so it's a little more intense and I stretch 7 nights a week for 10 min and try to do 20 min cardio and strength about 3 times a week. I work 50 hours plus go to grad school so time is limited and I get tired
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I also only walk on the treadmill now.  I usually walk anywhere from 3-6 days a week for about 30 minutes. I do weights occasionally but not as often as I would like.

I cannot wait to run again.  I get so jealous when I see people out r

My Book Blog

my read shelf:
    Denise's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

• kh59kh59 member
    I still run a little (slowly) and use the elliptical at the gym.  I find that I feel pain in my back and uncomfortable around my belly if I go too fast, so I don't really get to the point where I'm really out of breath any more--I stay slow so it's m
  • I'm down to 2 to 3 days a week of either 1) swimming 40 laps (which is about a half mile) which takes me about an hour or 2) walking uphill at a 4% incline at 2.5 for an hour and doing a modified Pilates arm/shoulder routine.  I'm doing less walking

image      image    

IVF #1 September 2012, beta #1: 213; beta #2: 580. Expecting Twins! 
    EDD 6/9 lost one angel at 9w3d :( 
    Baby boy arrived 6/1/13
    FET #1 10/14, BFP -Chemical Pregnancy :(
    Everyone Welcome

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I've been doing prenatal Pilates and wals around the neighborhood with DH. I never was a huge gym person before....
  • I'm battling tendonitis in one ankle so I've been going to aqua fitness with the old ladies and swimming.

ETA I also chase a one and a half year old all day and we go to the zoo a couple times a week.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I usually do the stairmaster,elliptical and lift 4 times a week. I recently added yoga... Which has helped my pain tremendously.  
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I still work out at least 5 days a week. I'll either do this Moms Into Fitness cardio and toning DVD I bought at target about 40 mins long or I go to the gym to do the fat burn cycle on the elliptical. Once a week I also do prenatal yoga. Seems to be doin
  • I have trouble setting boundaries for myself when I workout. I was an athlete for about ten years and have been working out since I quit my sport 11 years ago and don't really know when to stop. I was afraid of pushing too far in my pregnancy because m

image DD and I. DD: 6/22/2008. DS: 6/22/2013
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"