May 2013 Moms

ftm feeling scared...

Anyone else getting nervous? I am nervous about L&D and I am nervous that a life will depend on me. I have all these what ifs going on in my head. What if I have trouble bfing, what if I can't handle the baby, (even crazy stuff like, what if I drop her!?) DH is like, "just feed em and change em and that's all you have to do" yea. I don't know if it's because I am the food source and the one that has to give birth, but I feel like moms have a bit more pressure than that.

Here I am at just a month away! I can't believe it. I feel panicky. On top of that our closing date is a few days before my EDD. I wonder if it's normal for ftm's to feel like they aren't sure they can "hack it".  I have been so overwhelmed lately, that I haven't been eating as good as I should and I feel guilty about it.  I am so blessed to be having a baby, but I still don't think it has sunk in. Every time  I think about going home from the hospital, my anxiety spikes.  *sigh*  I feel a little crazy. Tongue Tied

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: ftm feeling scared...

• I think the anxiety is normal, it's a lot of changes at once.  I actually think I'm abnormal because I'm not freaking out about any of it!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagevic1011:
    I think the anxiety is normal, it's a lot of changes at once.  I actually think I'm abnormal because I'm not fre
  • Loading the player...
  • STM here and I know the feeling. I'm nervous about handling two children. I'm nervous about not giving my DD enough attention and love. And it's been 5 1/2 years so I feel like a Ftm. L and D was the easy part. But once you go home it's all in you.. And t
  • I definitely agree about labor and delivery being the easy part! When my DS was born I was amazed how fast my maternal instinct kicked in. You will figure it out and for whatever you can't figure out make sure you have someone who is already a mom you can

DS1: 4/15/2011
    Dx: ASD, SPD and receptive and expressive speech delay at 21 months
    BFP #2: CP 5/2012
    DS2: 4/24/2013
    BFP #4: Miscarriage at 5 weeks 7/2014
    BFP #5: 8/8/2014 Due 4/20/2015 
    Its a healthy girl!!!!! 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • MmW36MmW36 member

I think that it is completely normal. I am so excited and thankful and happy about becoming a mother-- but now that it's so close, I'm starting to feel nervous. Will I be a good mother? Will I have everything I need? Will I know what to do?! I can't im

• Not just a FTM mom thing. I am feeling nervous and having anxiety about have two small children and labor. Even though I have been through labor there are no guarantees that the second labor will be like the first but I sure hope so. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have 2 months left (due at the end of May) and I honestly feel more excited than anxious. The only aspect of labor I worry about is that baby and I are healthy.  I don't care about the pain, etc. The one worry I do have is more about the future and
  • Normal to feel that way.... The first time you hold your child, it all changes.

On a different note I think I have the opposite feeling. DH thinks I have second time mom amnesia.
  • The anxiety for me comes in waves. I thought it was bad about a week ago - but I've spent this past week (spring break! woo!) setting up the nursery, assembling baby stuff and basically just checking off all the little things on my to-do list that were

• I also believe it's natural to have those feelings. I was actually more terrified of giving birth before I got pregnant, which is strange since I wasn't actually facing it then. Of course I'm nervous about the unknown, but not freaking out. At least not
    CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers CafeMom Tickers
    O14 January Signature Challenge: Snow Fails
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I can relate to you completely. I'm also nervous and L and D and actually having this little miracle. We close on our existing house in two weeks an our new house isn't ready till June. We will be living in a hotel until we have LO and can move and stay w

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    TTC #2:
    March - May 2014 - Natural cycles - no luck
    June 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    July 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    August 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    September 2014 - Clomid 50mg - Fingers crossed...

• Your not alone. I too today had a moment where I was like what am I thinking? I don't know how to be a mom? I am terrified I will do it all wrong. I calmed myself down and told myself that I can do it, and it's too late to turn back, baby is already on he
  • Good to know I am not the only one! I will be glad when this feeling subsides. Mine also comes and goes. It's such a permanent thing! Whew! Glad to hear stm's felt this way and maternal instinct and such kicked in, and they felt awesome holding their baby
  • I think it's completely normal! As a STM I have the nervous anxiety about bringing home two and what the sleeping dynamic will be like when I have a screaming newborn and a 3 year old. Nervousness and anxiety definitely comes along with the territory.&

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"