1st Trimester

Depressing OB

Well I suppose my OB must not have any hope that this pg will not end in m/c. She reccommended that I schedule a D&C because she would prefer that the m/c end on her terms so she can be there to manage everything. But I am not comfortable going through with a D&C when there is still a chance that my little guy can make it. Idk what to do. Has anyone had any similar experiences or any advice on what to do? I know that the doctor knows alot more than I do about these things, but I kind of feel like she is giving up on my baby too soon. I really want this little one to make it. But at the same time I don't want to make things worse or more difficult for TTC in the future. =(

Re: Depressing OB

• Agree with RHB. Get a second opinion.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• imageRedheadBaker:
    Get a second professional opinion.

Um.. this. Your OB sounds like an a$s. 

ALLI & ERIK - 12.12.10
    Stella - 7.7.11 | Ian - 8.6.14 | Isaac- 7.20.18
    #4 due 4.22.23

• Loading the player...
  • I'm sorry you're dealing with this.  OB's see healthy pregnancies and m/c on a regular basis and sometimes I think they forget that to you, this is YOUR pregnancy and you're not just a #.  The possibility of a m/c is heartbreaking and difficu

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

BFP #1 ~ 1/26/2010 ~ MMC @ 6w6d discovered @ 11w3d ~ D&C 3/16/10
    BFP #2 ~ 4/22/2010 ~ EDD 12/29/2010 ~ Born 12/19/2010 ~ My Rainbow Baby
    BFP #3 ~ 6/10/2012 ~ EDD 2/20/2013 ~ HB 100bpm @ 9w3d ~ M/C 7/11/2012
    BFP #4 ~ 3/16/2013 ~ EDD 11/20/2013 ~ Born 11/17/2013 ~ Rainbow Baby #2
  • Could you bring us up to date with the new developments?  I think I remember your posts about it a week ago....
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker photo octoberowls_zps78dd2214.png

May Siggy: Baby in disguise

photo photo1-1.jpg
  • My OB says that since the my last appointment the baby hasn't increased in its CRL. Plus the heartbeat was not as good as it had been previously. It was too slow and not very strong. She says that means the baby is probably not going to make it and that i
  • imagelovedryn:
    My OB says that since the my last appointment the baby hasn't increased in its CRL. Plus the heartbeat was not as go
    Six years of infertility and loss, four IUIs, one IVF and one very awesome little boy born via med-free birth 10.24.13.
  • imageDebateThis:

imagelovedry
    BFP 1/30/13 EDD 10/6/13Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • imageDebateThis:

imagelovedry
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

BFP #1 ~ 1/26/2010 ~ MMC @ 6w6d discovered @ 11w3d ~ D&C 3/16/10
    BFP #2 ~ 4/22/2010 ~ EDD 12/29/2010 ~ Born 12/19/2010 ~ My Rainbow Baby
    BFP #3 ~ 6/10/2012 ~ EDD 2/20/2013 ~ HB 100bpm @ 9w3d ~ M/C 7/11/2012
    BFP #4 ~ 3/16/2013 ~ EDD 11/20/2013 ~ Born 11/17/2013 ~ Rainbow Baby #2
  • I'm sorry you're going through this. I refused a DC. After we were sure our little one was gone, I was given options.. wait it out, DC and the pill. I picked the pill. Have you requested that option?

Eta, if there is still a heartbeat, I'd wa
    imageimage    
    imageimage
  • I had the worst appointment of my life at my 6 week ultrasound, the Dr, told me I may miscarry 1 or both of my twins. I was in a rush that morning and no one asked had I ate, if I had did the same the next week I would have had the same result. I ate t

Finally my dream came true:) I'm pregnant!
  • It's heartbreaking to hear you are going through this. I m/c'ed at 7w3d four years ago. I had some spotting and went in for an u/s. The baby had stopped developing at 5 weeks, and it took 2 weeks before my body was ready to start healing itself. I m/c'

• Sheesh your OB sure is depressing!  Honestly sounds like they are after a paycheck or something.  If it were me I'd be troubled by "what if."  But you are definitely the only one that can make that decision and know what's best for you.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"