Trying to Get Pregnant

Very faint line on test that goes away?

Hello :)

My husband and I have been TTC, and this month my period is one week late based on my average cycle (my period is irregular, but right about now is the latest I would ever get it).

I have been feeling mild pregnancy symptoms that could contribute to PMS. (very moody/emotional, put off by certain foods, nausea when thinking about certain foods and usually for the first half of the day, and fatigue).

I took a pregnancy test today, and I swear for a moment as the urine was making it's way through to the test line, I saw a very faint positive line that went away right away. After the three minutes was done, the next turned out negative.

Is it normal to see this faint positive line (VERY faint) before the test is complete, or is it impossible for it to show up if there is no hcg in my system? I'm wondering if I just tested too early?

Thanks for your help! :)   This is my first time TTC so if this is a silly question, I apologize in advance, lol.

Re: Very faint line on test that goes away?

• Sometimes, when a test is developing, the dye can pool around the test line. If it's gone by the time the time limit it over, it's a negative test. Sorry.
  • If there was no line after the 3 minute wait time then it's a BFN. The only way to truly know if your AF is late is to chart ovulation. You may have just ovulated late. 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers 

BFP #1 6-8-11 EDD 2-19-12. DD born 2-3-12 via induction due to pre-e.
    BFP #2 9-7-13 EDD 5-22-14. It's a GIRL! DD#2 is on her way.
  • Loading the player...
  • Are you charting?  How do you know your period is "late"?

No, if it's negative, it's negative, but you can't know if you tested too early if you aren't charting.  You could have ovulated late or not at all.

If you don't get your p

Natural m/c Oct. 2005

Dx: balanced translocation and LPD

TTC since Oct 2011

BPF 02/19/12, EDD 10/31/12, natural m/c 02/28/12 (4w6d)

IVF (BCPs starting 10/30/12, ER 11/18/12, 5dt of 1 beautiful, healthy embryo 11/23/12)
    BFP 12/02/12, u/s @ 6w,5d showed 2 HBs! Identical twins!!
    Bed rest from 21w-35w due to short cervix, hospital bed rest from 23w-32w due to PTL
    Our rainbows were born 07/19/13 (36w, 5d)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I've seen this a few times, all bfn. I think it's just the dye working its way across the test.  I would suggest charting, and trying fertilityfriend.com and taking the tutorials on there. With charting you can pinpoint ovulation, and know if you'

TTC since March 2012 703641_497247786974599_1318392816_o 602828_513255402040504_2045604480_n
  • Thank you for the help!

Well hopefully my period comes soon so we can try again. I'm getting impatient and I know that's not the way to be but we want a baby so bad! Does not help that my best friend just found out she is pregnant with twins and

• Going to have to look up charting more. Right now, we are keeping track of my cycle, having sex every other day during ovulation time and hoping for the best. This time, we are going to try using the ovulation tests too.

Thanks for t

• imageHappiness1031:

My husband and I have been TTC, and this month my period is one week late based on my average cycle (m

• imagepeanut+muse:

imageHappin
  • imageHappiness1031:

Just looked at the blog,

"your guide to ttc and not looking like an idiot on tb"

<
  • imageHappiness1031:
    imagepeanut+

• Was it a blue dye test? The one time I used one [it came with the digi I bought], that is exactly what happened to me...it looked like a positive line developing, but then faded away quickly. This is why pink dye tests are usually recommended over the blu
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageHappiness1031:

Going to have to look up charting more. Right now, we are keeping track of my cycle, having sex every other day

Natural m/c Oct. 2005

Dx: balanced translocation and LPD

TTC since Oct 2011

BPF 02/19/12, EDD 10/31/12, natural m/c 02/28/12 (4w6d)

IVF (BCPs starting 10/30/12, ER 11/18/12, 5dt of 1 beautiful, healthy embryo 11/23/12)
    BFP 12/02/12, u/s @ 6w,5d showed 2 HBs! Identical twins!!
    Bed rest from 21w-35w due to short cervix, hospital bed rest from 23w-32w due to PTL
    Our rainbows were born 07/19/13 (36w, 5d)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"