January 2013 Moms

Won't take bottle

Any one else having this problem? I am EBF'ing and have to got back to work next week. I am only working 2 days a week but am having grandmothers babysit. So we just figured out that the baby won't take the bottle anymore. We would feed her from the bottle when we went out because I was scared to NIP. The bottles are breastmilk bottles... Well last night was a total fail. She refused the bottle and I had to NIP...Anyway I also realized that when she spent the morning with grandma last week, grandma said she hardly ate anything from the bottle. Am I screwed? Anyone else had this problem? Any tips? I'm really scared to leave a screaming baby with grandma.

Re: Won't take bottle

• Tied the Similac low flow bottle and the mOmma bottle, which totally looks like a boob. Neither worked.
  • Yup my dd doesn't like bottles either. After trying a bunch of different bottles and nipples she still didn't want anything to do with it. My pediatrician told us just to pick 1 bottle and stick with it and just do bottles for 2448 hrs straight and not to
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • DD refuses bottles and pacifiers but I haven't pushed the issue because I am SAHM.  As others suggested, I would keep trying different brands.

If it came down to it would your mom or MIL be able to bring her to you at work to nurse?  I

11/2010 Diagnosed with PCOS 
    10/31/11 M/C at 9 weeks
    1/12/13 DD was born
    4/9/16 DS was born 
    9/17 CP 
    6/23/18 BFP EDD 3/4/19 

• Ok we are trying to get her back on the bottle today by presenting warm bottles as the only option. She screamed for half an hour this AM and then fell back to sleep. I am leaving soon to run errands and basically get away from the crying and tears. Its
  • i know how it is...ds was taking bottles like a champ for date nights, etc but my first day back to work he screamed 2 hours straight! After that he was fine and we haven't had any trouble since! So hang in there...he probably just has to realize that som
    imageimageAnniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I tried almost every bottle out there last week after DS refused drop-ins (which my first had no problem with).  We finally had success with just changing the nipple to the brown latex ones.  We also figured out he is very picky about the temp.&
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"