March 2013 Moms

BF Meltdown....Kinda long sorry...

My LO was born monday the 25th (her exact due date) by a unplanned c-section. I have been pretty adamant about breastfeeding..... but currently  BOTH nipples are cracked and bleeding..it hurts to wear a shirt let alone breastfeed. My baby girl is soo rough when she is latching and feeding. If she dosnt latch right away she gets soo worked up she screams and turns all red  it breaks my heart. I end up bawling my eyes out everytime i feed her. I have been supplementing with formula because i have had soo much pain...seriously thinking about going to formula....i want to enjoy the time i spend feeding the baby not crying in pain and watching the clock hopeing he will hurry up and finish....anyone going from breast to bottle??? Or have some advice???

image [IMG] 

Re: BF Meltdown....Kinda long sorry...

• Your story and mine are identical. I never thought of anything BUT breastfeeding. Until I was faced with your same issue. I switched to formula and now am completely stress free as far as feeding goes. I also saw 4 lactation consultants and talked to 2 la
    Our little angels went to Heaven very early: 1/2012, 2/2012, 3/2012. "The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away. Blessed be the name of the Lord". BFP 7/12/12- EDD March 26,2013 BabyName Ticker
  • My son was born on the 26th, and I feel your pain... I have no milk coming in whatsoever, I have been massaging and extracting manually, pumping and getting him on the breast to stimulate production since yesterday, but LO doesn't latch properly.

<p
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I have been EPing after not being able to BF because of latching and weight gain issues. I hate pumping. It takes so much time away from my LO. After feeding then pumping then cleaning supplies, it feels like a part time job. We have a peds appt Monday an
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Hang in there Mamas!!!!  I had DD on the 25th as well.  If there is anything that nursing DS has taught me it's to try to relax and know that it will work out (even if you decide to go to formula- bottom line as my pedi put it, it's food- not

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • [Also, I just went out and bought a nipple shield for the right side in hopes that she'll latch.  At this point, she just can't get on because I'm so engorged and my right nip is a touch "flat-ish".  I've heard nipple shields can help when yo

image [IMG] 

• imageMegan3086:

[Also, I just went out and bought a nipple shield for the right side in hopes that she'll latch.  At this poin

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Identical story here. Switching to formula was emotionally difficult for me. I cried for days about it. But each day is getting easier, and my son is much better off. He wasn't gaining weight. 

I used a shield. They have their positive and n

Started TTC 2/2009
    Started fertility treatments 11/2010
    Ovarian dysfunction, LPD, male factor
    6 failed medicated IUI's
    Pregnant 5/2011 - Miscarriage at 6 weeks due to triploidy
    Decided to adopt - 6/2012
    SURPRISE! Pregnant without intervention - 7/2012 
    Sweet Baby James Born 3/2013
    Decided to be "One and Done"

....OR NOT.
    Pregnant 12/2018 despite birth control pills
    Here we go again...
    Due 8/26/19!
  • Lurking from Feb BMB (My baby was late, born March 14th):

First off, I had the same issue. My nipples are not flat but when I became (or still become engorged in the am) my nipples are flatter, especially the right side. When my milk came in my n

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • kaf7kaf7 member
    My kiddo was born on the 11th and ive been where you are. Apply lanisoh religiously after each feed. You can get medical dressings (telfa) from a good pharmacy and then your nipples won't stick to your bras/shirts and cause more damage each time you undre
  • was discharged this past thursday and LO was at a 10% weight loss. went to the pediatrician yesterday and her weight is back up thanks to pumping and supplementing with formula. i felt like a failure when LO wouldn't latch, would get frustrated with my su
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • With LO I used a nipple shield and plan to do the same with our new lo. It worked out well for us. Still some soreness but nothing extreme.
    2nd EDD 02/01/13 - MC 5 1/2 weeks 6/5/12. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageSidraJedi:

Lurking from Feb BMB (My baby was late, born March 14th):

First off, I had the same issue. My nipples are not

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"