Breastfeeding

Oatmeal

Even though my supply is probably fine, I'm paranoid about the fact that lately DD has had to use both sides for one feeding instead of only one side like she used to. So I'd like to try oatmeal just to maintain my supply. Does it have to be the steel-cut oats or can it be instant? I googled it and I'm pretty much getting a 50/50 answer- some sources say instant works just fine, others say only steel-cut oats work. Kellymom says that anything with oats can work, including instant oatmeal and oatmeal cookies, but I was just wondering about others' experiences.
PCOS with long, irregular cycles
First round of Clomid in May 2012= BFP #1, DD born January 2013 
BFP #2 in January 2014, DS born September 2014

View Full Size Image     View Full Size Image   

Re: Oatmeal

• I buy the Quaker old fashioned oats or those new natural little buckets with nuts and fruit by Quaker. I also make chocolate chip oatmeal cookies weekly.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

imageimageimage
  • I try not to buy the instant oatmeal. I'm sure any kind would be fine though.
    ~Drew '13~Camden '12~Mihaila '10~Aaliyah '09~Noah '07~

• Loading the player...
  • Quaker Old Fashioned, and it seemed to work.  I also drank lots and lots of water and drank Mother's Milk Tea.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I am not sure how old your LO is, but mine is 6 months and just in the past month or so I think, she has started nursing from both sides instead of just one, but usually less on the 2nd side. We have no supply issues. Just to share my experience and let y
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I just eat regular Quaker Oats. 

• I only had success with non-instant oatmeal. I had to eat it everyday for 2 weeks before I saw a difference.

imageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"