August 2013 Moms

STMwedding shortly after 2nd LO

Hi. One of my best friends from high school is getting remarried 3 weeks after I am due. This is great for her. Her first husband turned out to be a complete .

I will be having a RCS around August 13th and the wedding is September 6th. We live 4 1/2 hrs from home and the wedding is 1 1/2 further south at the shore.

Thoughts on making an attempt to go? I plan to BF again and, even with help from my parents, it just seems like a whole lot. Yet, she is a good friend. Ugg, I wish it was about a month later!

Sorry for the lack of punctuation. Mobile bumping.

Re: STMwedding shortly after 2nd LO

• I would not go. The drive alone would kill it for me. 
    image image

• I hate long car rides even with no kids. So I wouldn't go with a baby. It's really up to you though. If she's a good friend and you don't mind the drive, then go.

• Loading the player...
  • Mmmmm. Ever tried driving with an infant? It isn't quite so fun. I tried to drive to my moms after my son was born and it was only a 4 hour drive but I swear I will never do it again if I have to. I think he was around 2 months old then.
    imageimageimageimage

• Yes, this is my second. I have traveled plenty with DS as an infant, and alone! It is rough. This is why I am asking.
  • I'm fairly certain we're skipping a late Aug family wedding involving a 5 hour drive even though these babies will be here in July.

I think it would be a lot, even with help.

• imageCPBP:
    Yes, this is my second. I have traveled plenty with DS as an infant, and alone! It is rough. This is why I am asking.</
    image image

• imageSoleil3:

imageCPBP:
  • I'm having a RCS around 8/11 and one of my BFFs is getting married in Vegas 9/21 and we plan on going.  The flight is 2 hrs from Portland.  DD # 1 will be 3 by then.  My sister and niece will fly to Vegas from Phoenix to help out at the hot
  • As long as I wasn't the one driving I would go. I traveled cross country when my oldest son was 3 weeks old. It would be a pain but 4.5 hours isn't really that far to me, but I have a high tolerance for traveling and stop often when traveling with little

Mommy to DS#1 7/1/04 and DS#2 6/15/07
    M/C 2/16/10 at 9wks 5 days~ D&C 2/18/10
    BFP#4 5/17/11 C/P.    
    BFP#5 11/30/12 Surprise! DS#3 born 7/29/13

• I traveled with my son but it was only 2 hour drive. He slept the whole time.
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageCristine:
    As long as I wasn't the one driving I would go. I traveled cross country when my oldest son was 3 weeks old. It woul

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I would make every attempt to go.  I have found travelling with a newborn easy, especially while breastfeeding.  I don't know, maybe my baby was an exception to the rule and I'm in for a rude awakening with this one!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Maternity tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"