May 2013 Moms

I'm an awful wife

Last night hubby and I went to order our stroller and while at the store I pressured him into trying on the ergo carrier to see if it fit him. He's a bigger athletic guy. Well the guy at the store was helping us figure it all out and it wouldn't even come close to fitting him. He felt awful about himself afterward. I wanted to cry for him and felt like the worst wife for making him try it on. Has anyone else had this problem with the ergo of it not fitting DH? I went home and ordered the extender so hopefully that will fix the problem but it seems silly that it would not be made to fit a muscular man.
BabyName Ticker BabyFetus Ticker

Re: I'm an awful wife

• I'm thinking this could be an issue with my DH. He has a bit of a tummy, but he's not huge by any means. I am expecting to receive ours at the shower (it is marked as purchased on the registry) and will have to wait and see. I'm glad to know there's an

BabyName Ticker
  • I think its awful they don't make them big enough for a man. Most men aren't tiny sticks. Poor guys. I ordered the extender off amazon. It was super cheap thank goodness since every other accessory seems to be expensive.
  • Loading the player...
  • I wouldn't feel bad that you had him try it on and it doesn't make you an awful wife.  You obviously wanted to see if it would fit him so you could adjust if needed ahead of time, as you did.  

Honestly though, if he's a "bigger athleti

• He doesn't think he's athletic he thinks he's fat. He could lose 510 pounds but he's not fat. Just has a complex. I know I'm not awful i just felt awful and shouldn't have pushed it so much. Oh well.
  • imageBeachy730:

I wouldn't feel bad that you had him try it on and it doesn't make you an awful wife.  You obviously wanted to

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm planning to get the Ergo for myself, since it is the only carrier (besides a Moby style) that I was able to put on without anyone else assisting me.

DH hasn't tried one on, but we received a Britax front carrier from his step-sister.  DH w
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Doesn't make you awful at all. You couldn't have known it wouldn't fit. Plus, it didn't fit your H because he is muscular not because he is obese so he has nothing to feel bad about.
  • The ergo sport is larger then the regular ergo. It's what I vought DH, who is not small, and it is fine.

BFP#1 "Watermelon" born 3/2011
    BFP#2 "Pumpkin" 7/14/12 ~ EDD 3/23/13 ~ Natural M/C 8/3/12 @ 7 weeks
    BFP#3 "Pineapple"  born 4/2013
    BFP#4 "Grapefruit" EDD 3/29/16
  • DH is a bigger athletic guy too... Haven't even tried a carrier on him because I'm sure there won't be much to fit him.
    That's the problem I find with the Ergo though... You pay so much for it but they still make you buy all these extras like the in
  • My husband initially tried the ergo and he didn't think it fit but then he played around with it a bit and was able to use it easily. He is a pretty big guy too, he is 6'4 and 225 pounds.

DS1: 4/15/2011
    Dx: ASD, SPD and receptive and expressive speech delay at 21 months
    BFP #2: CP 5/2012
    DS2: 4/24/2013
    BFP #4: Miscarriage at 5 weeks 7/2014
    BFP #5: 8/8/2014 Due 4/20/2015 
    Its a healthy girl!!!!! 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"