Baby Showers

Kaitlyn Marie still in NICU, but baby shower planned without her presence.any suggestions?

Hi Ladies!

In need of suggestions please!  I had a 23 weeker on Jan 5th and my mom is wanting to throw a baby shower and little Kaitlyn Marie is still in the NICU and won't be coming home until on or very near to actual due date, which was on May 2nd.  Any ideas?  This is what my ideas have been so far.  Take several pictures for display on one of those digital photo frames, have her pulled up on the web cam provided by the NICU and I made a photo book through shutterfly I was going to pass around.  This is a coed shower and my mother hasn't really planned on any games, any suggestions?  I thought maybe I could ask questions in regards to Kaitlyn's birth weight, length etc.  I'm not great with planning these things, but want to have something nice and then when she does come home within the next 5-6 weeks have a homecoming party with a few family and friends, with the idea od infection control being big on our minds we were going to limit 1-2 people seeing her at a time, wash hands before and wear masks and not being allowed to hold her, is this extreme?  I'm just trying to be cautious.' Any suggestions would be great!  Thanks!

Michelle

Re: Kaitlyn Marie still in NICU, but baby shower planned without her presence.any suggestions?

• Congratulations on your LO coming home soon. My DD was a 23 weeker and I remember that time well. We had a shower with her still in the NICU and I just took a photo book. As for any other planning, sit back and let your mom handle it. You've had a

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 1.  Praying for your sweet girl to come home soon, happy and healthy!

2.  It may make some of your guests uncomfortable to guess length and weight of a preemie.  I wish I had better ideas for entertainment!

3.  Your plan

• Loading the player...
  • I showed off the first diaper the babies were using at the shower. People were shocked at how small that diaper was and were glad I brought it to the shower. If you didn't save one ask the nurse for one. 

As for the coming home

image Our 25 week miracles! Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Congrats on your little girl coming home soon.

I would skip games altogether at a cooed shower. I don't think they're really necessary. Take a step back from planning and let your mom figure out the details.

While I'm sure fami
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Ditto to PP who said not to guess the height and weight.  Since she is already here most people would know that, or I know that I would feel really uncomfortable guessing about a baby that premature.  No games is probably best, but if you feel t
  • Congrats! I love the photo ideas.

Skip games. No one needs them. Everyone will be content to visit and watch you open gifts.

My cousin's baby was also a 23 weaker and was isolated for about a year. However, he has some complica
  • Congratulations on your little girl! I hope the rest of her NICU stay is uneventful and goes well. I had my first baby at 24 weeks 3 days nearly 7 years ago. My shower was in the beginning stages of planning when he was born, so it was forgotten and I

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"