Single Parents

Advice about baby's dad?

I tried to work things out with my daughter's father ever since she was born, which has been 6 months. This past month he ended up in the hospital and the doctor said he possibly wouldn't make it, he's doing fine now and is out and about. He hasn't shown much interest in being around my daughter, when he was in the hospital everyone kept telling me to keep bringing her around him so it would finally click in his head that he's a dad now. But nothing has changed, he bailed on the 2 times we made plans for him to see her and it was so he could spend time with his sister and her bf and get high. I want my daughter to have her father in her life and I've told him that but he just doesn't care. He never calls to see how she's doing or to offer to watch her so I can just relax for a bit. I've told my mom that I'm giving him until she's 1 to see if he changes when it comes to her and if he doesn't I'm going to get him to sign his rights over. I don't see the point of him having any rights if he's not bothering to be in her life and I'm doing the role of mom and dad. Any advice on what I should do?

Re: Advice about baby's dad?

• I feel I will be in the same boat when my daughter is born. From the seat that im in now i say forget about him. For now anyway. it seems like your already putting to much effort into trying to get him to be involved. He knows hes a dad and you could be f
    Amarie
  • imagetifanico:
    He is a drug addict, so unless he gets help, I would not try for him to have visitation. You also need to talk to a

• Loading the player...
  • imagekennazebrowsky:

If you try to get child support the court is going to make you allow visitation.

&nb

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"