3rd Trimester

Second time moms

Just wondering for second time moms, is there anything you recommend for sure having on hand/having set up those first couple weeks, especially on the chance you might have a c-section (my baby is breech at last appt)?  Hubby and I are in an apartment trying to buy a house, so we've packed what we can and only plan to have baby stuff set up.  We live on third floor so getting up and down stairs, especially if c-section is not going to be easy at first. My husband is very good about things like grocery shopping & helping cook, but there are some things I just prefer to do myself. 

I'm assuming nursing bras/pads, pads in the event it's not a c-section, diapers, bed,  maybe formula/bottles if breast feeding isn't going well.  We got most of the typical stuff at our shower & plan to unpack it all and set up this weekend. I just feel like I'm missing something.  

Re: Second time moms

• nursing pads yes, overnight pads(but take as many from the hospital as you can, diapers, bassinet/pnp, bottles, formula, enough clothes to get you to laundry day, boppy is helpful, desitin/aquaphor, sensitive baby wipes,nipple creams help
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • kegkeg member
    You'll need pads, regardless of type of delivery.  I also am a fan of having some underpads/chux/puppy training-pad type things around.  They are great for protecting furniture, changing diapers on, etc.  If you have a section, you'll defin
    2004-Started TTC; Nov 2007-Lap with endo removed; Jan 2008-Ectopic (mtx); April 2008-IVF #1 (bfp, twin girls); March 2011-FET (cp); June 2012-IVF #2 (bfp, singleton, EDD 3-19-12)

***Twin fraternal girls born at 35w6d in 12/2008***

• Loading the player...
  • i didn't have a pump and had to send my husband out for one, but you could prob wait on that, it's not absolutely necessary. you might want to pick one up and just not open it, that way you have it on hand but can return it if you decide you don't need

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • jlpevjlpev member
    You will still need pads for vaginal bleeding. I liked the ones with wings. Stool softener, everything u mentioned, high waisted underwear in event of a csection, but I really didn't need much. I felt pretty good and was up walking around before I le
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagekeg:
    You'll need pads, regardless of type of delivery.nbsp; I also am a fan of having some underpads/chux/puppy trainingpad type th
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image image Pregnancy Ticker
  • skioskio member
    You'll need pads for pp bleeding regardless of how you deliver.

Get high waisted underwear and some pants that won't sit right at the c/s scar; my fave were the fold over yoga pants, which I wore folded up. If you're planning to nurse, have
    imagePregnancy Ticker
  • You'll need pads if you have a csection or a vaginal delivery. You have bleeding with both.

Evelyn (3.24.10), Graham (5.30.13) & Miles (8.28.16)
  • Oh honey, Im a second time mom and scared out of my mind! Its been nine years since I had my little boy.  Now, with another on the way and so many new advanced products out there... Im looking for a PREGNANCY FOR DUMMIES book ... does it exists?</

• I live on the 3rd story, too, and stairs suuuck after a c/s. I stayed in for many days because of it. A nursing pillow was a lifesaver! Still is. Also, ask for a binder at the hospital if you do have a c/s. Your insides will feel like they're going to

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Others have good suggestions.  All I have to add is a boatload of laundry detergent.  My first generated TONS of laundry, and it was easiest for us to wash all household stuff together with the dye/perfume free tide (as opposed to u

• Ditto what all PPs have mentioned. And I recommend a bouncy seat. You'll need somewhere for baby to relax to give your arms a break.
    BabyFruit TickerLilypie Third Birthday tickers "You don't marry someone you can live with, you marry the one person you can't live without."
  • I had a c/s with my first. When I got home I setup a "maintenance" station in the bathroom specifically for me. It was a small table with my peri bottle, hospital pads that I swiped, extra mesh undies, a few rolls of extra toilet paper, and thin wingle

• one thing that wasn't mentioned is Hemoroid pads in case you do not have a c-section.  Not a  pleasant thing, but a necessity. 
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • You have gotten some awesome advice. The only thing I wanted to add was to be sure, regardless of the type of birth you have, to have snacks very easily available to you.

Like the PP's self-care station in her bathroom, I set up a snack station n

natural m/c 7.1.10 :|: sticky baby 4.25.11 :|: #2 due 5.18.13 BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"