Cloth Diapering

Critique Our NB Plan...

Would appreciate your feedback on what we might be missing or consider adding (more cloth wipes?) to the mix for the NB period...We're doing a 3-month NB rental (may outgrow before then but erred on side of too much time) and have the following:

10 Lil Joey NB AIO (snaps) - rent

10 BG NB AIO (aplix) - rent

10 Swaddlebees NB Simplex - rent

24 Cloth Wipes - 18 thirsties, 6 homemade 

2 Diaper Pail Liners (planet wise)

3 Medium Wet Bags (two planet wise, one other)

1 tube of CJ BUTTer 

Thanks!!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Critique Our NB Plan...

• I have yet to speak from experience as I'm still pregnant but I have heard even newborns outgrow the absorbency of the BumGenius AIO very quickly. I'm glad I only got 3.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • It looks fine to me. Yes, they Lil Joey's and NB BG do not have the greatest absorbency, but you change fairly often enough in the beginning where it really doesn't become that big of an issue. I would suggest though that you at least 1 dozen prefolds (NB
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • I think you have plenty of diapers. I agree that you need twice as many wipes. I use 23 per diaper change, but I also use one of those just to pat his butt dry.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Do you have any idea if youll likely have a smaller or larger baby?

I think you have plenty if diapers. Many babies out grow the lil joeys pretty soon. And I've heard the same thing regarding absorbency on both lil joeys and BG newborns. <b
  • Where do you rent newborn diapers from? A service?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP 1 - March 26, 2012, MMC discovered May 21, 2012
    BFP 2 - October 30, 2012, Rainbow Baby Boy born July 14, 2013
    TTC no sooner than November 2014
  • That looks good to me! I would add more wipes. Instead of buying more I cut up old t shirts with pinking shears and they have to frayed at all with 3 months of use. I used lil joeys, grovia nb AIOs and fitteds with prefolds as a back up, and my lil joe

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageweaslewam:
    Where do you rent newborn diapers from? A service?

I looked at a number of options on

• Thanks, everyone! I'll definitely pick up/make more cloth wipes and will keep in mind the possibility that we'll want to consider some prefolds or fitteds depending on how sizing/absorbency is going. 
  • Looks like a good stash! I agree about getting more wipes, though. 
    ALLI & ERIK - 12.12.10
    Stella - 7.7.11 | Ian - 8.6.14 | Isaac- 7.20.18
    #4 due 4.22.23

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"