Babies: 0 - 3 Months

The Witching Hour

Anyone else's baby have this? I had never heard of it, but basically since the day we brought little guy home, he gets very fussy (plenty of scream crying) for about an hour or two in the evening and is difficult to calm down. Not even giving him the boob always calms him for very long.

Apparently this typically starts around 2 weeks old, I guess my little guy decided to start early. Or things will ramp up even worse after 2 weeks. 

If your LO has the Witching Hour, what do you do? I am sure I am not alone in feeling like screaming and crying myself when my little guy is screaming.

Re: The Witching Hour

• Yes 5 to 10 pm everyday she constantly cries if she's not latched onto my boobs...it's frustrating especially my breasts are in so much pain..i have a clogged milk duct and mastitis...
  • imagehoneydew01:
    Yes 5 to 10 pm everyday she constantly cries if she's not latched onto my boobs...it's frustrating especially my b
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Yes. Our witching hour is about 8. Do the 5 S's from happiest baby on the block. You can watch the video on YouTube. It's the only thing that saved us!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Yes it's very normal unfortunately! Have you read Healthy Sleep Habits Happy Child? It's a great sleep resource (not a sleep training book).

It mentions that most/all babies experience fussiness at night between 2-6 weeks. 80% of babies get less

My little man at 0-1-2
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Follow Me on Pinterest Pin me baby!
    BabyFruit Ticker http://mamasaywhat.com/

• DS's starts around 6 and goes until he is in bed at 8.   When he was your LO's age it was 11 p.m. until 2 in the morning. That was brutal.
  • DD, 4 weeks, is doing it from about 3 am to 5 am. I hope it stops soon because I go back to work Tuesday and back to college on the 19th.
  • My LO started with this at two weeks old. From 10 to 2 like PP and it was awful. I was so tired all I could do was cry with him. But it does get better. After a couple weeks of that he managed to go from 102 to 1012. He's 5 weeks old and the last week or
  • Yes, very normal. My easier baby actually did yhat from about 3-12wks. Around 7-midnight.  I'd just head upstairs w/her & settle in w/the tv while I rocked, nursed, shushed, paced, bounced,  etc etc until she'd finally pass out.  That w
  • From about 6-8pm every night,  I wear my lo as much as possible. It helps a lot!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Sorry for the thread jack, but I didn't think this was worth it's own...
    Is this the name for what my son does? Every morning, usually around 4, he gets fussy. Doesn't need feed or changed. As soon as I pick him up and lay him on his tummy on my che
  • Mine is typically 3 or 4 hours anytime during noon at 6pm. Almost nothing calms her. Everyone keeps telling me is so good it's during the day, however being alone for her screaming all afternoon is no fun either
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • DD doesn't but DS did.  We dealt with it for quite a while by just walking and lightly bouncing him.  We then discovered if we could do massage and work his gas out that it solved the problem.  We worked the gas out for DD right from the be
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"