Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Going back to work Monday and still no real schedule

DS is 9 weeks and I go back to. Work Monday. He'll be with a nanny and another little boy across the street from my office. My real concern is that DS still has no solid schedule. As much as I have tried, I don't feel like I've accomplished a good schedule. He is starting to eat 4oz but only sometimes. Mostly, he takes 3oz every 3 hours or so. He is awake for an hour or so after eating, then he sleeps. Tummy time is when I can get him to do it, usually 5-6 minutes, but not every day. At night, after his 9:00 feeding, I give him a bath and then swaddle and rock him to sleep. He still likes to be held a lot and is still struggling with a lot of gas.

Am I expecting too much to have a more set schedule?  Or, is my Type A, "Monica Geller" personality not seeing that I have done okay setting the schedule I have?

Cervical Cancer Survivor since 2007 TTC Since 2008 IUI#1 = BFN IUI#2 = BFN IUI#3 = BFN IUI#4 = BFN IVF #1 = BFN FET #1 = BFN FET #2 = BFN FET #3 = BFN IVF #2 = BFN IVF #3 = BFN FET #4 = BFN FET #5 = BFP!!! 06/10/2011 Miscarriage 06/21/2011 Adoption Application Submitted 09/2011, Personal Documents Submitted 11/18/2011, Home Visit 12/16/2011, Officially Waiting!!! 01/21/2013 MATCHED!!!! 01/24/2013 Baby Boy Born! Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Going back to work Monday and still no real schedule

• One of the ladies on here said " babies need routines, not schedules," and I totally agree. My little guy is not amenable to a schedule right now. His colic/gas/fussiness is so labile and inconsistent that what works one day won't the next. I think yo
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • If she's a good Nanny, she'll know what to do with him during the day.. As for a schedule I learned that they don't really understand the concept until as early as 16 weeks, so don't stress it too much. Just try to get as much sleep at night as you can s
  • Loading the player...
  • imagelafayettegirl:

DS is 9 weeks and I go back to. Work Monday. He'll be with a nanny and another little boy across the street fro

My little man at 0-1-2
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Follow Me on Pinterest Pin me baby!
    BabyFruit Ticker http://mamasaywhat.com/

• I wouldn't worry about it.  Chances are the nanny will find something that works while you're gone and as you get back to work, things will fall into place.  It would be beneficial to have routines more than a schedule at this point.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"