November 2012 Moms

Baby sign language?

Anyone trying it? I know some signs from the year I taught a child with a hearing impairment. I am using some of those and sign the alphabet to him when we sing it. He is fascinated by that. I figured I'd give it a try?

Suggestions for any good books or DVDs? 

IMG_4550[1] Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Baby sign language?

• We are trying some. We have "Teach Your Baby to Sign" by Monica Beyer. Right now we use Mommy, Daddy, More, Milk and All Done on a regular basis. I will be interested to see if it sticks!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We got the Baby Signing Time dvds as hand me downs.  We've heard good things about them from a few people. You can find a few clips on youtube.

"A new baby is like the beginning of all things--wonder, hope, a dream of possibilities."

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Loading the player...
  • We use baby signs. Right now just more, milk and finished, but as we move along we will probably do more. I actually think he is starting to pick up on milk, because when I do the sign he starts calming down like he knows what is coming.
  • I've taken a free class through Community Education in our area. If we decide to teach any they will be more, please, help, all done, and probably colors.

• When is the right time to start teaching?

What are the benefits?   

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagevoleyqueen6:

When is the right time to start teaching?

What are the benefits?   

BFP #1 06.20.11 I EDD 03.22.12 I MMC 09.01.11 (baby measured 6w4d) I D&C 09.07.11
    BFP #2 02.21.12 I EDD 10.29.12 I DS born 11.06.12

Surprise BFP #3 07.27.13 I EDD 04.02.14 I Stick baby stick!
    blog I pinterest

** I'm hopping all over boards these days, please @quote me for speedy replies :) **

• I taught a few basic ones to dd1, mom, dad, more, milk, please, thank you. She used milk all the time. I just googled baby sign links, read a bit then just started doing the signs. I started around 7 months and she was signing by about 8.5 months. She ta
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"