Babies: 3 - 6 Months

dropped my baby and i feel SO GUILTY.

i just have to get this out there because i'm completely hysterical and feeling so guilty. i was holding my baby getting ready to put her down for a nap. we have these three little steps that lead into our room. i slipped on the last step and fell and my baby flew out of my arms onto the floor! i started freaking out, i started crying so hard and i picked her up right away. she cried for like, two seconds and she has a cut on her leg, but she seemed fine other than that. i took her to the er and the dr said she was completely fine, but i still feel SO HORRIBLE. i keep replaying it in my head thinking i could have held onto her and rolled or something, but no, she fell and i feel so guilty. i keep crying over it and i just needed to get this out there. everyone keeps telling me stories about accidents theyve had with their children, but they're all things like falling out of the bed or high chair. its not the same, i dropped my daughter when she's supposed to be safe in my arms. i feel just so horrible.
Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

Re: dropped my baby and i feel SO GUILTY.

• Aww, it's ok!  Like pp said, accidents happen. 
  • Oh no! I dropped ds once from about knee level onto a carpeted floor.  I was going to set him down on his back and he just slipped.  I cried harder and longer than he did.  It was horrible!  It happens, it'll be fine.

"A new baby is like the beginning of all things--wonder, hope, a dream of possibilities."

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Aw, don't beat yourself up over it!  It was an accident.  Baby will get plenty of scrapes and bruises in the process of growing up.  Be thankful she is okay and give her some extra kisses and snuggles.  
    Anniversary 
  • Oh sweetie! These things happen! Don't beat yourself up over it.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Oh mama, it happens! You're a great mom because you are so concerned! Hugs.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • image+MeganS+:
    Oh mama, it happens! You're a great mom because you are so concerned! Hugs.

ws

• Oh honey. I smacked my baby's head on the top of the car really hard (I thought I had enough room to lift him up out of the car seat in the car. I didn't). He screamed his head off (he was probably 3 months old too). I bawled my eyes out for a good 10

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • That would be scary, but it was totally an accident! Things like that happen! Don't they run a lot of stories about celebrities dropping or nearly dropping babies lol? You are not alone.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I understand.  When my LO cried, it was for like 2 minutes and she was done.  However, I had to call my mommy and even then it took me quite a long time to calm down.  Then when MH came home and I had to tell him about what happened, I star
  • Like pp said, babies are durable...when i was 3 or 4 months old, my grandmother fell down concrete stairs while holding me and I fractured my skull...and i have no lasting ill effects..it wasn't that she was a bad caregiver, but accidents WILL happen. I'm

BFP #1 12/02/11, M/C 12/08/11
    BFP #2 04/06/12, DD born 12/20/12
    BFP #3 06/09/14, M/C 06/15/14

• When DD was 2 months old she slipped out of my arms and hit her head on my knees (I was sitting down, but about to get up). She screamed so loud! I cried and cried and felt terrible too!

BabyFruit Ticker

• when dd was almost 2 months old i had an ob appointment.....it was rainy and cold and icy...she wa hungry when i left so i was rushing....and i slipped and fell....hard....luckily she was in her car seat....and luckily i was just outside my dr so the nurs

• My husband missed a step with our daughter when she was 9 weeks old.  It was awful and landed us a night in the hospital.  We were both distraught. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"