Babies on the Brain
Options

TTC for baby #2

My daughter is two years old and lately I've been really wanting to give her another sibling. My fiance and I have been talking about it and have ran into a few thoughts. 

He's currently active duty in the Army and is being stationed at Ft. Hood in a couple of days from Camp Humphrey's in Korea (he was on a hardship deployment for a little over a year here.). Ft. Hood is a deploy-able unit, which means there's a chance he could be deployed while he serves his two years. Luckily, Ft. Hood is only a 3.5 hr drive from Houston, where all of my friends and family are. So if he were to get deployed I would have a support system. BUT, I'm not sure how I feel about possibly being pregnant or raising our child without him. I know I could do it, but I would hate for him to miss out on anything seeing as this is his first. We've talked about this and have come up with more pros than cons on this particular subject, and he is very serious about continuing TTC, and I'm not 100% against it, either. So any military spouses out there that could give me any advice or ease my mind about it? 

Also, he is an identical twin. It's been awhile since I took biology, but from what I remember it's the male that determines twins, correct? So is there a possibility of us conceiving twins if he is one himself? 

Lastly, my periods have been very irregular my whole life, but became pretty consistent after I had my daughter. Here lately, well... since my trip to Korea (I've been here for about a month), they've been VERY irregular. I started Feb. 25th, 2013 and ended it March 1st, 2013. I then started again March 4th and didn't end until March 17th (the flow wasn't consistent either. Some days it would be super heavy and other days it seemed like it was barely there). I then started AGAIN March 26th... So my question is, is there anything I can do naturally to get them back on track? 

Re: TTC for baby #2

• Options
    The twin if he is a man will pass it on to his daughter, she would be the one to have twins. Men produce so much sperm that it doesn't matter if he is s twin. The femail is the one who ovulated more than one egg I'm not sure if its the male or femail that causes the egg to split?
  • Options
    Re: irregularity -- not surprising given the stress of travel & relocating. Are you charting/temping? That's a good idea if you're TTC anyway. I think doctors can prescribe provera to "jump start" your cycle if it doesnt self-regulate after a few months. I'm not a military mom, but I was a single parent prior to marrying DH. It's challenging but doable, and it sounds like you have a good support system in place if you're ready to grow your family. :-) Best of luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Twins run on the mother's side, not the fathers.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • Options

Sorry for taking so long to respond back! We got back from Korea on April 2nd and have been getting into the swing of things at Ft. Hood since. It's been so hectic! 

UPDATE: We got pregnant right after we left Korea. I had an ultrasound mid April and everything was fine (well, as far as the Dr. could tell since I wasn't very far along.) and then I miscarried last weekend. Probably due to stress and travel like y'all said.

I knew that fraternal twins were on the mother's side because it's our body's choice to drop two eggs or not, but just wasn't sure about Identical. That makes sense though! So it's pretty much a freak accident if you conceive identical twins? I've seen some stories where identical twins get married and have identical twins themselves, so I guess that's why I thought that it was hereditary. 

I like the freezing of the sperm idea. At the very least, I could save them in case *GOD FORBID* something happens to him if he were to be deployed. As of right now, things are looking decent in that area. We'll see though. Thanks to all of yall for the helpful advice and support!  

• Options
    Thanks! I will look into that. A lot of people were telling me to get on birth control to even out my cycles and I just wasn't having it. Not only have I had problems with several different kinds of birth controls in the past, but I just don't like the idea of protecting myself against pregnancy when I'm trying to get pregnant! Haha. I have an amazing support system and I feel better about this time around then I did the last, probably because I know what to expect. I guess I just need to let God handle it and I will get our bundle of joy when the time is right! Thank you for your input :) 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"