Stay at Home Moms

Question for church goers

If you have preschool age kids, how much do they understand of the Easter story (namely the crucifixion) and how old are they?  How do you deal with some of the more violent aspects of religion?

The reason I am asking is that I ordered a board book about Easter for DD and I thought that it would focus more on the message and meaning of Easter rather than literally recounting the story.  DD also has a picture bible and it talks about God killing the Egyptians. I have always wondered how I would explain this to DD. DH says I am over thinking it.

I look forward to hearing y'all's experience and opinions! 

Re: Question for church goers

• When you ask DD1 (3.5) about Easter, she will tell you that Jesus died on the cross for our sins. We haven't gone into any details about crucifixion and try to focus more on Jesus's love for us, even when we make mistakes.

We still do E
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker>
  • Kids don't get as freaked out as you would think.  I don't dwell on the painful aspects of the crucifixion, but I've always honestly said that Jesus died to save us and then talked about the Resurrection.  They have never been scared or acted

SAHM to DD1 (7), DS (5) and DD2 (1)
  • Loading the player...
  • imageNavyPilotWife:
    When you ask DD1 (3.5) about Easter, she will tell you that Jesus died on the cross for our sins. We haven't gone
                    Our Blessing From God Through Adoption
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
                   Our Blessing After TTC for 6 Years (natural birth!)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
                             EBFing, CDing, BWing, SAHM
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"