October 2011 Moms

Friend "custody" rant

This was supposed to be my judgement/UO, but it got pretty long so I just decided to separate it... I judge custody laws in my state.  Basically our state always grants custody to the mother regardless of the fact she may be a psychotic drug addict tramp, solely because shes the mother.  

My God-Children's mom is insane, she left them when they were very young (They're 1 year and 19 days apart, Girl & boy)  My god-son was only like 2 when she left them, she has had no contact with them for about 5 years, other than to try to stir up drama with their father's family, she has not paid a dime in child support, nor has she sought out visitation until this past couple months.  

Our friend went to court  yesterday with piles of evidence to her craziness and the fact that the kids are doing SO much better without her in their lives (My godson had a severe speech delay he has almost 100% overcome), they were both victims of neglect due to her extreme laziness while the father (MH's very close friend) was working, she actually got him fired from 3 consecutive jobs because she would call with "emergencies" that he needed to come home for, and he eventually lost jobs because of it.  They now live with their dad, dad's fiancee, fiancee's daughter and 2 other smaller siblings, even with 5 kids they still have more love and support than she ever provided.  

Anyway to make a long story short the crazy psycho mom was granted visitation, supervised for a year through a social work agency, then if she succeeds she gets unsupervised visitation in a public place for 6 months, and so on.  

She seems to think that her kids are going to come running back to her calling her Mommy and everything is going to be all happily ever after.  They're basically going to be getting to know a stranger again.  I am really worried about regression for both of them and what kind of instability this is going to bring into their lives. I wish she had just stayed away :/  

Okay, rant over. Thanks for listening <3 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Friend &amp;quot;custody&amp;quot; rant

• I'm not trying to be snarky but what else would you like the court to do? As much as she sucks she's still their mom and I think short if her being an actual danger its better for her to have some kind of controlled contact than none so at least as the ki
  • Did you want them to deny visitation?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imagecantalopes24:
    I'm not trying to be snarky but what else would you like the court to do? As much as she sucks she's still their

imageimage
    Parenting Floozie Brigades official motto:  We welcome to you the board with open legs.  Also, open beers. ~@cinemagoddess

• imageMs.Jade:
    Did you want them to deny visitation?

Well, Yes, I guess I did... but only beca

• imagecantalopes24:
    I'm not trying to be snarky but what else would you like the court to do? As much as she sucks she's still their

• I also have to agree with the other ladies.  To have actually gone through the court process to get a chance to see her kids means she must care on some level.  People do make mistakes, maybe her life is different now.  MH was abandoned by
    siggy1-16-13_zpsbc591894 photo siggy1-16-13_zpsbc591894-1_zpscf1469c3.jpg
  • imagecantalopes24:
    I' Unfortunately what will probably happen is she'll show up for awhile then try to reschedule as its not conven
    image"width="200px"> Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • As a family lawyer, I have to say her getting supervised access is a win for the dad. She will (I assume) be responsible for setting up for and paying the supervisors' fees, and it will only reflect badly on her when/if she doesn't fulfill the obligations
  • imageAngLK987:

imageMs.Jade:<
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagejoolz17:
    As a family lawyer, I have to say her getting supervised access is a win for the dad. She will I assume be responsible for

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"