Stay at Home Moms

Having lots of aquaintances but not friends

I know there have been plenty of lonely SAHM posts. Heres mine. Does anyone else have a hard time making friends? Over the past few years, I feel like I've made many mom aquaintances but feel friendless lately. Prior to preschool, I became friendly with moms in my local twins group and did playdates/playgroups. Once the kids hit 3, we all did different preschools/activities and kind of drifted apart. My girls love their school (they're 4) but I havent gotten to know the moms. The kids they're friendliest with come with dads and grandparents..the moms work. When I go to playgrounds and activities with the girls, I see other moms in groups and wonder why I havent made connections. I see some of the moms I used to hang with in facebook pix with new friends as well. I'm lucky to spend quality time with my girls but some mom friends would be nice as well. Does anyone else feel this way? Thanks for listening!

Re: Having lots of aquaintances but not friends

• I feel the exact same way!  I do have a BFF, but she lives in NJ right now with her BF.  Can't wait till they move back.  I just feel like I'm not at the same lifestyle as my other friends, but I always feel connected with BFF.

I n

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My take is that having kids in common isn't enough. You need to find a hobby or something you enjoy and meet people there. Chances are you will click with someone and they will have kids. I really tried to meet moms with kids DD's age and I just didn't

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I would honestly invite a small group to meet for drinks at night, take a class, or meet for lunch or coffee while your kids are in school. I met two moms through a mommy and me class. While I was SAH we met for play dates almost weekly. Now that I'm back
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• I've given up trying to make friends and I'm enjoying finding acquaintances more now.  Maybe they will blossom, maybe not.  But I don't feel I'm left hanging out there -ya know?  Part of my change was just what you said.  The Moms I wa
    TTC since September '08 After 2 m/c - lap for stage 3-4 endo Oct '09 Bravelle w/Ovidrel trigger - iui on 11/07 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yes, I have the same situation.  I really liked some of the mom's from DD's preschool and still hang out with them occasionally.   Most of them work a lot so it's really hard to get together with them and they have their own lives.  So
    Ms. A  - 2007, Mr. C - 2009
  • imageDochas:
    I've given up trying to make friends and I'm enjoying finding acquaintances more now.  Maybe they will blossom, m
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I can completely relate.  I have 1 good friend from college, but even we are drifting as our lives change (she works a lot and is not planning on having kids for another 5 years). SIL and I are fairly close but she is 9 years older and has kids from
    11/2010 Diagnosed with PCOS 
    10/31/11 M/C at 9 weeks
    1/12/13 DD was born
    4/9/16 DS was born 
    9/17 CP 
    6/23/18 BFP EDD 3/4/19 

• NJLHNJLH member

Thanks girls. Its good advice to be happy with all the aquaintances I have. I've met a lot of nice moms over the years. I think I was extra pouty yesterday from a few incidents:

I emailed a mom I used to hang with about getting together over s

• I met all of my close mommy friends through a mommy and me playgroup I joined when ds1 was 8 mos old. We don't do mommy and me anymore but my group of friends still hangs out all the time. Sometimes it's just luck finding friends that you really click wit
  • Yep, I'm horrible at making new mom friends. I was really messed up the year after DS1 was born (like, I think I did have PPD), and it really changed how I interacted with people. I look back and realize I didn't put any effort into the mom's group I w

DS1 - Feb 2008

DS2 - Oct 2010 (my VBAC baby!)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"