Multiples
Options

Is there any hope?

After going into early labor on Monday and dilating to 4cm and 80% they were finally able to stop contractions and released me from the hospital yesterday to strict bed rest at home. I went for my biweekly BPP this morning and both boys did great but I had another cervical check and my Baby A's bag is bulging and the OB said she could've easily broken it as well as stretched me to a 6 as my cervix is very very thin.

I'd love to make it to 35w (I'm 33+5 today). Do you think there's any hope?

I'm not contracting anymore and laying completely flat as much as possible and drinking lots of water, but I don't know what else there is I can do to keep these boys in just a little while longer. Did anyone experience early labor with bulging bags and make it longer than just a few days? I'd love to hear some hopeful stories.

Thanks Ladies :)

TTC since 3/4/2010
Me: PCOS, DH: normal
Started seeing RE 11/10/2011
8/31/2012 = BFP!!
First Ultrasound... TRIPLETS! EDD 5/11/13
Baby w/ no HB @ 10w4d - We love you angel baby.
Baby A & B doing great. A/S 12/10/12 - Healthy BOYS!
Sawyer & Silas born at 33+6 on 3/29/13
imageimage
imageView Raw Image" height="250" width="375">

image"Lilypie">image

Re: Is there any hope?

• Options
    Obviously no experience, Rachel, but just wanted to say that I hope you can hang in there for a couple more weeks. I'll be thinking of you!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Hang in there, you're almost to the end!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I'm sorry, I did not make it more than a couple days once the bag was bulging but I was also continuously contracting.

However, my boys were born at 34w0d and they are doing fantastic at 5 months. They were in the NICU for 20 and 27 days, but it

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    I don't have any experience but I wanted to say I am thinking of you and hope those boys stay cooking a bit longer!
    Unexplained Infertility

After two Clomid cycles, three injectable IUI cycles, two IVFs, two miscarriages, and one lap surgery, IVF #2 has brought us our little boy!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC #2
    After months of being postponed or cancelled, FET #1.3 (Natural FET) brought us twin girls!

Surprise! Baby #4 is due in March!
  • Options
    Thinking of you Rachel, and hope the boys stay put a little while longer!

The ladies on PgAL are thinking about you too!!
    TTC #1 since 6/08. Cycle #6 - BFP 12/22/08, EDD 9/3/09, DD 8/14/09 at 37w1d
    TTC #2 since 6/11
    me=36 - low AMH, DH=38
    BFP #2 - 8/31/11, EDD 5/10/12, M/C 9/23/11
    BFP #3 - 3/4/12, EDD 11/14/12, CP 3/11/12
    BFP #4 - 5/9/12, EDD 1/19/13, CP 5/11/12
    BFP #5 - 8/22/12, EDD 5/5/13, CP 8/24/12
    IVF#1 - January 2013 - EPP/Antagonist - 7R, 3M, 2F, 3dt of 2 8-cell embies
    BFP #6 - 2/3/13, EDD 10/15/13, DS 9/18/13 at 36w1d
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Ibwent on hospital bedres t at 32w4d after having mild contractions. When my ob checked me, I was at 5 and had a bulging bag, and was rushed via ambulance to the nearest hospital with a nicu. I made it until 35w6d, when I was induced bc of a fluid leak
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

A 33w6d with a bulging bag my doctor had to deliver me.  Baby A was breech and if my water broke things could have gotten scary.  Just know that if you have to deliver, they will do very well in the NICU!  My baby b was on cpap for a few

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I just want to wish you good luck. Try to take ir a day at a time. You are doing a great job!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

There's definitely hope!  My Baby A's water broke at 29w2d and I made it to 33w3d on hospital bedrest before going into labor.  There was another girl on the Antepartum floor with me who was dilated to 5cm when she got there, and she made it

Double the love
    photo Eastercollage_zps0735f04a.jpg
    7/30/12 - B/G twins born at 33w4d due to PPROM
  • Options
    No experience but just wanted to say good luck!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I stalked you over here when I couldn't find updates on May or Pgal. TPs continuing for you. This may sound...I dunno...woowoo or something, but I had a friend who listened to relaxation hypnosis tracks when she was trying to stave off preterm labor, and

BFP#1 "Watermelon" born 3/2011
    BFP#2 "Pumpkin" 7/14/12 ~ EDD 3/23/13 ~ Natural M/C 8/3/12 @ 7 weeks
    BFP#3 "Pineapple"  born 4/2013
    BFP#4 "Grapefruit" EDD 3/29/16
  • Options
    No experience but good luck! You've made it to a good place already.....rest as much as possible! Sending T and Ps that those LOs can cook a wee bit longer!
  • Options
    You're doing great.  I made it to 34 weeks and my girls were in a step up nursery (never in the NICU) for 2 weeks.  Just rest!  You'll be great and so will those babies!

Visit My Twin Life 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"