December 2013 Moms

Prenatal vitamin suggestions?

I just found out this morning that i am pregnant and was wondering if any of you had any prenatal vitamin suggestions? My doctor told me to get OTC until I got in for my first appt and this will be my first baby. Any suggestions?? Thanks!!

Re: Prenatal vitamin suggestions?

• I just take an OTC one I got at the grocery store, it's nature made :)  Congrats, btw!
    photo 0549285f-e983-40d0-8d1e-5e16cfb7787b_zps0fe99e34.jpg
     BFP #1- angel baby ♥ 8 weeks ♥ (April '13)

• Congrats on your BFP! I'm taking Nature Made with DHA. So far so good they haven't made me sick when I take them.
  • Loading the player...
  • I take Rainbow Lite. I get them at Whole Foods. They're food based, so vegan and gluten free. They have iron and are really easy on my stomach. Usually when I take any sort of extra iron I get constipated, but these haven't had any negative affects on my
    ALLI & ERIK - 12.12.10
    Stella - 7.7.11 | Ian - 8.6.14 | Isaac- 7.20.18
    #4 due 4.22.23

• I use Nature Made, but just so you know, you NEED to eat at least 100-200 calories with it or you will be very, very queasy!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • esf60esf60 member
    I also take Rainbow Light. I really like them. you can get the on Amazon too, and they're usually a bit cheaper.

• imageMrsMM&MM:
    Congrats on your BFP! I'm taking Nature Made with DHA. So far so good they haven't made me sick when I take them
    "And the God of all grace... after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast." 1 Peter 5:10 Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Another vote for Nature Made with DHA. I take it in the morning with a really big glass of chocolate milk and it works for me. Some definitely prefer and feel better taking it with food, though.
    BabyName Tickerimage  BabyFruit Ticker  
    DD born 2/3/03
    BFP 3/21/13 w/ EDD 12/02/13, C/P 3/29/13.
    BFP 9/18/13 w/ EDD 5/26/14,
    Beta #1 @ 14-16dpo = 375, progesterone 33.6
    Beta #2 @ 20-22 dpo = 8,782!
    Beta #3 @ 27-29dpo = 44,230, dx subchorionic hemorrhage/ threatened mc
    Beta #4 @ 29-31dpo = 72, 080 :)
    Grow, little one, grow!

***** All  AL  Welcome *****

• Make sure it has 100 percent daily value of folic acid and DHA. If you bought one that doesn't have DHA you can purchase a DHA supplement to take along with your prenatal.
  • Another Rainbow Light user. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • LOVE Trader Joes prenatals. If you have them in your area :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I found a CVS brand that I like it has one "vitamin" and the other is a DHA pill. Annoying to have to take 2 pills but this is the only one I found with nonfish DHA. I was taking and allinone with DHA but even just touching the pill for two seconds to put
  • I use the Target brand gummy prenatal and have been taking them for over 4 months.  You can take them on an empty stomach and never get sick.

• I've always used OneADay Prenatal and DHA.  It's two pills that I have no issue swallowing, personally.  The DHA is pretty intimidating looking, however.  I know some women need to eat with it, but I don't.  However, I have begun takin
    Married: 6/16/12
    CP: 01/2011 |  MMC: 01/2012  |  MMC: 10/2012  |  DS: 11/2013  |  MMC: 11/2014  |  DD: 01/2016
    BFP: 06/2018 - EDD: 02/09/2019
  • I just picked up New Chapter Perfect Prenatal, it's an organic entirely food derived vitamin, vegan, gluten free, It's the best that I have found so far!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"