February 2012 Moms

***ninthgirl***

I think that's how you page someone, right? Smile

I was just reading your Say Anything response and I wanted to comiserate with you!  My son has mild gross motor delays as well.  We are in PT once a month.  He actually started PT when he was about 3 months for torticollis.  He was about to "graduate" and be discharged for the tort, when our PT suggested that he be evaluated for gross motor delays.  I suspect that he has low muscle tone as well, but the PT (nor our pedi) has ever mentioned it.

Anyways, I can totally identify with being paranoid about their prognosis in the long run...especially with the help of evil Dr. Google.  And my DH is the opposite:  a combination of being blindly optimistic and/or in denial.

We went to a Mommy and Me type class over the weekend and it was hard to see other tots (who were obviously younger than my little guy) running circles around him. I know, in the grand scheme of things, he is very healthy and happy.  I try so hard not to compare...but it can be tough every now and then.

Re: ***ninthgirl***

• Yeah, I definitely get the stink eye whenever I mention anything I read on the "internets".  So I continue to do so and then wallow in my anxiety all alone. Wink

• Hi ladies - I hope it is okay for me to jump in and say "us too." I don't visit here much these days, but had a spare moment just now and was glad to log in and see this. It is reassuring to know about other children with motor delays having PT service

Sweet baby boy born February 16, 2012 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imagebutterandeggs:

Hi ladies - I hope it is okay for me to jump in and say "us too." I don't visit here much these days, but had a

• Thanks, both of you. It is so helpful to hear other stories, and I'm glad both of your babies are getting great assistance! Have a lovely weekend.
    Sweet baby boy born February 16, 2012 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"