December 2013 Moms

BFP, now what?

Hi ladies, this is my first time.  I assume I should call my regular doctor and make an appointment, is that right, or do I need to find an OB?  My regular doctor is very far from where I live now, so I might be better off just starting with a new doctor.

Also, what do you ladies know about things that are off limits now?

I did not have my usual coffee today, didn't take my Stress B Complex vitamin (did take the prenatal), what about hair dye and manicures/pedicures?  I have one of each scheduled, I am not sure if I need to cancel them!

Better yet, who can recommend a good book so that I don't have so many questions for you!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: BFP, now what?

• All I know is not to clean the litter box, if you have cats, without gloves and a mask. No deli meat except in moderation and preferably heated to steaming. No nitrates. No hot tubs. Wash all fruits and veggies. Be very careful with fish- mercury- and

BabyName Tickerimage  BabyFruit Ticker  
    DD born 2/3/03
    BFP 3/21/13 w/ EDD 12/02/13, C/P 3/29/13.
    BFP 9/18/13 w/ EDD 5/26/14,
    Beta #1 @ 14-16dpo = 375, progesterone 33.6
    Beta #2 @ 20-22 dpo = 8,782!
    Beta #3 @ 27-29dpo = 44,230, dx subchorionic hemorrhage/ threatened mc
    Beta #4 @ 29-31dpo = 72, 080 :)
    Grow, little one, grow!

***** All  AL  Welcome *****

• First of all congratulations! You will need to find an ob. All your internal med doctor can really do is verify the pregnancy. Talk to some friends and see where they go or ask you regular doctor to recommend someone.
    Most things you read say you
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I just wanted to add that if you are planning to go to a salon for a manicure, the smell may be an issue.  With my first pregnancy, I stopped by the nail salon while my mom was getting a manicure to drop something off and the smell of the chemical

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Welcome & congrats 
  • Thank you!  My stepmom read WTEWYE when she was pregnant with my little sister.  I'll get started with reading that and getting some ideas from friends who would rec their OB!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• You CAN actually ask if your normal family physician takes care of pregnant women. Some do- mine does. As long as you stay low-risk, they can't do c-sections.  But, I'm not actually seeing mine for pregnancy. I'm just throwing that out there for y

photo 0549285f-e983-40d0-8d1e-5e16cfb7787b_zps0fe99e34.jpg
     BFP #1- angel baby ♥ 8 weeks ♥ (April '13)

• I just went straight to an OB, but my insurance doesn't require referrals, so it may depend on that.  FWIW, most things I've read say you can have a little bit of caffeine every day (I.e., a small cup of coffee).  I agree with the PPs regarding

BFP #1 : 3/20/13 | EDD: 12/1/13 | MC: 4/15/13 

BFP #2: 1/9/14 | EDD: 9/21/14  

Welcomed our rainbow bear on 8/31/14

My Chart | All are Welcome

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"