Multiples

34 weeks too late to flip?

Tomorrow I'll be 34 weeks pg with twins - right now they are each weighing around around 4.5 pounds, give or take a few ounces. Since around 18 weeks, Baby A was head down. Baby B was transverse across the top of my ute at scan after scan.

I knew they'd moved in the last few days, but at today's u/s we learned that A is no longer head down (I think the tech said breech but she's actually kind of diagonal, with her head on my left side and her feet tap dancing on my cervix (all the blows to my cervix was how I knew they'd moved since last week).

So my question is, is there really still time at 34 weeks for a twin to flip to vertex? I know singletons can still flip up to the day of delivery but I'm just curious to hear personal stories from other MoMs about your experiences. Did anyone try any any special tricks (yoga positions, bag of frozen veggies on Baby A's head (seriously, I read this on someone's blog this morning) etc. to encourage the baby to move to the right position?

My OB will do a breech extraction if B isn't cooperating (B happens to be head down now) so I am only really concerned about A's position at this point.

Thanks!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: 34 weeks too late to flip?

• Baby positioning stuff is so stressful. Hugs to you.

34 weeks is, in my opinion, generally the latest I've heard of A flipping. That said, it's not impossible, and since she just moved the other day there's a better chance that she has enough roo

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Thank you... yes, I haven't even really let myself think about birth plans because it all seemed so up in the air, but with this news today I realized how much I'd been counting on A to stay head down and to have a vaginal delivery. I'll definitely check
  • Loading the player...
  • My Baby A was vertex from the beginning, but at some point between 25 and 35 weeks he flipped to breech. I did the frozen veggies thing and the inversion technique from sp

BFP #1 10/27/2009 ~ DS1 ~ BIRTHday 7/16/2010 ~ med-free Bradley birth @ 40w5d
    BFP #2 1/22/2012 ~ DS2 & DD ~ BIRTHday 9/13/2012 ~ unplanned C-section @ 38w1d
    BFP #3 5/4/2015 ~ EDD 1/7/2016
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• imagealice2Bcheshire:

My Baby A was vertex from the beginning, but at some point between 25 and 35 weeks he flipped to breech. I

• My baby b went breech after 35 week appt. Surprise feet at 36w during csec!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • One of my girls flipped between my last office visit at 35 weeks, and my c/s at 36 weeks. There were decently sized too, 6lbs5oz & 6lbs11oz. They ended up being breech/vertex.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"