July 2013 Moms

Does this sound like Round Ligament Pain?

At about 6:30 last night I got this really bad sharp pain on my side across from my belly button.  Over the course of an hour and a half it settled in my left lower quadrant, 4-5 fingers in from my hip bone.  When I went to bed at 9 last night, it hurt to pee.  It hurts when I stand (I have to stand hunched over), the act of sitting is painful, walking hurts, laying on either side hurts.  It doesn't hurt as long as I sit still kinda reclined.  

I did call the oncall OB that night and he said it sounds like round ligament pain and I will probably wake up and the pain will be gone. I took some Tylenol as he suggest and this morning it's still there.  Still hurts to pee and move.  

At its worst last night it was a 8-9/10.  It make me cry a couple times cause it hurt that bad.  The part that its concerning to me is the pain with urination.  I did have an appointment  and my urine looked fine.

Any thoughts/advice?  Should I call the Dr.'s office back?  Thanks!

After 4.5 years our miracle IVF baby is here!
Born 7/30/13

Re: Does this sound like Round Ligament Pain?

• It could be a bladder or UTI, but it does sort of sound like RLP or stretching.

You can develop a UTI or bladder infection very quickly though. So, just because your urine was fine at your last appointment doesn't rule out a UTI or bladder infec

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• If you are crying because it hurts so bad I would definately call your OB.  I have pretty bad RLP and it's never that severe.  I have had pain after urinating but it's usually radiating from my groin ligaments and from standing up too fast. &

• Loading the player...
  • OK, This might be a Bladder infection.  I would want you to call your OB, because if they get really bad, they can cause you to go into labor.  Just get it checked out to be safe.   :o)
  • I saw my OB at 8:30am and my pain started at 6:30pm.  They check my urine that morning.  Things can change that quickly?
    Born 7/30/13
  • My RLP feels like someone is ripping something inside. It usually happens when I laugh in an awkward position, but once it's twerked it hurts for the rest of the day/night. I have trouble standing too quickly. However, anything that causes severe pain tha

Anniversary

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

TTC/BFP/FF details in bio

• imageMarried071709:
    I saw my OB at 8:30am and my pain started at 6:30pm. nbsp;They check my urine that morning. nbsp;Things can change t

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• What kind of pain when urinating?  Is it down where the urine comes out or is it higher around your uterus?   I've been experiencing some cramping in my lower abdomen area when I pee after having a full bladder. (it's definitely not a UT

Trying for #2 since November 2015

DS #1 - 7/25/13

• imageshara3333:

What kind of pain when urinating?  Is it down where the urine comes out or is it higher around your uterus?&nb

Born 7/30/13
  • The nurse said its probably just stretching.  It can make it hurt to pee.  She said to watch it and it if it doesn't get better or if I get a fever, chills or any other symptoms then I need to cal
    Born 7/30/13
  • Sounds exactly like my RLP.  Sorry to say mine lasted for about a week and a half before it subsided. Good luck!
    Live every day as if it's your last!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"