Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

GTKY: what are a few things you said you'd "never" do

Thought it might be fun to look back at your plans, and how things panned out. What are some things that you said you'd never do, but find yourself doing now that baby is  here? 

1. Formula feed

2. Allow LO a binkie

3. Sleep with baby in the bed 

Motherhood can be a real reality check!  

Started TTC 2/2009
Started fertility treatments 11/2010
Ovarian dysfunction, LPD, male factor
6 failed medicated IUI's
Pregnant 5/2011 - Miscarriage at 6 weeks due to triploidy
Decided to adopt - 6/2012
SURPRISE! Pregnant without intervention - 7/2012 
Sweet Baby James Born 3/2013
Decided to be "One and Done"

....OR NOT.
Pregnant 12/2018 despite birth control pills
Here we go again...
Due 8/26/19!

Re: GTKY: what are a few things you said you'd "never" do

• Options
    Give LO a paci before she was three weeks.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

Here we go:

1) Give LO a bottle, at all

2) Give LO a pacifier at 2 weeks old

3) Sleep with baby in the bed

4) Yell around the baby (lol)

5) Let him cry it out, at all (we'll give him five minutes or so if we've covered al

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I know it's silly but let my DD stay in her sleep-n-plays all day even for outings. We do change along with her bedtime routine. She has so many cute things but we just don't go out enough to wear them. And two, I always hated when my Granny would lick he
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
  • Options

1) Formula Feed

2) Bed Share (I want to transition to the crib but I'm so nervous!)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Hahahaha - I just had my 4th baby (11 weeks). My list would be so long it wouldn't fit on this page, but having 4 kids was definitely one of them. Before kids, I NEVER thought I would love being a mom as much as I do, and I never thought I would want to h
  • Options

I wanted to cloth diaper from the beginning and keep going, only using sposies if there was some lag time between laundrys. I never bought a CD safe detergent so when we ran out (I prepped with a free sample detergent) we've been using 7th generation d

• Options

1. Watch TV before two

2. Eat candy

3. Let them sleep in our bed

(This is obviously for my DS who is 3!  I haven't really been presented with any challenges with DD yet but I know I'll cave when I have to!)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I was too naive before my first to even think about "always" and "never" plans. But now, on my third I realize "always and never" are things FTM's say because they don't have a clue.And judging somebody without "walking in their shoes" is even more ridicu
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

1)Dress my little girl up in pink and headbands. we got so many of them and I told my husband I didn't want to do that. And then out pops this adorable, dad-look-alike and I find myself getting irritated when people tell me how cute my little boy is or

BabyFetus Ticker Little Riley-our first little girl coming March 1st, 2013 (or sometime around there;)
  • Options

co-sleeping/bed-sharing.

That's pretty much the only thing I said I didn't want to do and we've done both. I know it won't last forever though and it's how I've gotten sleep the last few nights. Oh well! 

My little man at 0-1-2
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Follow Me on Pinterest Pin me baby!
    BabyFruit Ticker http://mamasaywhat.com/

• Options

TV watching. I swore she wouldn't see a single screen til she was 2-she watches sportscenter every morning with DH and she loves it. I try to keep it off when I'm home. No kids TV though, and she only watches if its something we had recorded. 

• Options
    I love it! Sounds like a lot of us got a swift kick of reality :)
    Started TTC 2/2009
    6 failed medicated IUI's

....OR NOT.
    Here we go again...
    Due 8/26/19!
  • Options
    imageForeverEverAfter:

TV watching. I swore she wouldn't see a single screen til she was 2-she watches sportscenter every morning w

Started TTC 2/2009
    6 failed medicated IUI's

....OR NOT.
    Here we go again...
    Due 8/26/19!
  • Options
    1. Bed sharing...do it every night. I had no idea it would be so hard to get babies to sleep.

2. Give a paci. It's hard to even force it on her.

Survival mode until 3 months and then sleep program
  • Options

1. Give him a bottle before three weeks of age. (yeah. That actually lasted 4 days. I had a c-section and my milk wouldn't come in so I finally had to supplement at three in the morning. I bawled the whole time. Now I supplement like once a week...with

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Sleep with baby in bed. I kicked DH out last night so I could bring her in the bed more comfortably.

• Options
     Said I would never give or consider giving formula. Also said I would never give a paci. I admit to judging mothers before having a baby and I now regret that and am eating my words. Don't judge until you've walked in someone's shoes...what a realit
  • Options

I said I would put the baby into the crib right when we got home from the hospital. Our rooms are literally 20 feet away. I could almost throw something from my bed and hit his crib if I tried.  Yeah well, not so much. I couldn't imagine him being

• Options
    ta78ta78 member
    I feel like more of the things I said I'd never do pertain to DS as he got older. The tv thing, sweets, the backpack leash. I am pretty open to everything being a possibility now. Sometimes you have to do whatever you need to do to remain sane or just kee

Q :  06.25.10
    W : 01.11.13

#3 : due 11.02.15

• Options
    imageDublinMama:

I said I would put the baby into the crib right when we got home from the hospital. Our rooms are literally 20 fee

IAmPregnant Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I didn't want to swaddle until I saw how great it worked in the hospital.  Otherwise...nothing has really changed from our plans.

• Options
    imageDublinMama:

I said I would put the baby into the crib right when we got home from the hospital. Our rooms are literally 20 fee

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

1. formula (this happened pretty much right after birth as DD had blood sugar issues and my breast milk wasn't doing the trick)

2. buy a swing ( I broke down this past week and bought a cheap one for day care that DD loves!). My house is so m

• Options

Ok let's see... DS is almost 10 weeks old and I said I'd never

1) formula feed- had to when I was on antibiotics

2) bed share- not all night, but it definitely happens

3) give a pacifier- I've tried a few times o see if he'd sleep be

• Options
    rmp25rmp25 member

Use a pacifier...I didn't with my first DS, but DS 2 has been a whole new ball game.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Letting baby sleep in bed. I've heard of many people doing this and then not being able to get their children to sleep in their own bed later but now that I'm breast feeding its just so much easier.
  • Options
    After DS, I learned to never say never, which makes my parenting a lot more guilt free.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"