Multiples

27wks - too early to stop working?

I'm 27wks with g/g twins.  So far no complications *knock on wood*.

I work for a printing company - my job is mostly based at my desk - but does require me to get up and walk around a lot throughout the day.  I know its good for me to get up and move instead of sitting all day long, but at the same time I'm finding it harder and harder to do so.  

I'm really uncomfortable and have a lot of back/hip pain.  By the time I go home every night I just lay in bed or on the couch and veg out. The other night I had to convince myself for over an hour just to get up and take a shower.  Some days are easier than others, but most days at work I just want to curl up and cry because I'm so uncomfortable. 

I know the most important thing is to relax and rest and let the girls grow in a non-stressed environment, but I also can't afford to just quit work without receiving any financial assistance (disability pay) and trimming back my hours is not possible either due to the position I have with my company.

Have any of you had to ask your doctor to put you on disability?  If so - how did it go?  I'm due to see my dr again next week and was hoping to discuss this with her then.  I'm thinking I can struggle through working for a few more weeks... maybe until 30 or 31 weeks... but much more than that and I think I'd just be too much a hot mess.  Any advice or support is more than welcome as always!!  

Re: 27wks - too early to stop working?

• Everyone is different.  I worked until I was 35 weeks and work was fine with me leaving when I did.  I'm sure I could have had my OB write me a note so that I could check out prior to then, but I knew that the time taken off prior to d
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I think being tired and achey is a part of being pg with twins. You will probably also have some ups and downs. It's not necessarily all down hill from 27 weeks. I actually feel better now than I did at 27 weeks (I'm 30w 1d). Just like PP, I'm trying to l

6 year old daughter

Fraternal boys born on May 11, 2013 at 36 weeks 4 days

• Loading the player...
  • Doctors can't ethically write you out without a medical necessity (being pg with twins and uncomfortable does not qualify).  I was really hoping to get written out after about 29 weeks but my OB insisted there was no reason to as I had no complicatio
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Have you tried a belly band yet? I was miserable and this lessened the pain in my hips and back by about 50 percent. Also, try seeing a chiropractor and get a prenatal message! I know it can feel frivolous when all you think about is buy 2 cars seats and
  • My company doesn't restrict the time off for pregnancy - and I've been assured that my job would be waiting for me when I got back.  My original plan was to take 4 weeks prior to due date, 8 weeks after  (both paid for by disability) and then

• imageJessieWads:

My company doesn't restrict the time off for pregnancy - and I've been assured that my job would be waiting for me

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageMayan2011:
    Everyone is different.  I worked until I was 35 weeks and work was fine with me leaving when I did.  I'm
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I am only 19 weeks and have been miserable for weeks now in terms of the back ache, side aches, round ligament pain, pressure when walking etc.  I am huge too. I move so slow in the hallways, people go around me.  But I sit at a desk all day

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Michelle- 39, DH 41 Mom to 5yo boy (IVF) Latest pregnancy- IVF #1- ER- 11/30 ET- 3 day, 12/3- 3 8 cell embies Beta- 14dpo- 488 Beta- 18dpo- 2500 7 week U/S 1/4- TWINS! EDD 8/21/13
  • I had an easy pregnancy but was definitely very uncomfortable and sore. I asked my OB when I could stop working and she said 38 weeks when I was due but that she would write me out at 36 to work from home. My work didn't allow me to work from home and due
  • I was teaching fourth grade while pregnant with my b/g twins.  I was 24 weeks at Christmas break, and I went back for three days after the break, and I knew I was DONE - I was miserable and knew it wasn't worth the risk.  Thank goodness

• Since my first OB my dr advised me be prepared to stop working between 2830 weeks. I too am 27 weeks pregnant with twins, and while my work is mostly at my desk, I have to frequently expedite parts to ship I work for a metal fabrication plant that makes
  • imageJessieWads:

My company doesn't restrict the time off for pregnancy - and I've been assured that my job would be waiting for me

Proud Mommy to: Boy-1995/Boy-1998/Girl-2003/Boy-2004/Girl-2011/ Fraternal twin girls-2013  

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • imageIUIBaby:

imageMayan2011:
  •  I added to my original because I didn't feel I had explained everything clearly enough.  Last time I checked this is a place to get support and help....not be torn down by others.  I find your assumptions about me and my situation to be

• At 34 weeks, I had IUGR and was told to either stop working or basically only sit all day. I am an occupational therapist and am on my feet all day so sitting isn't in my job description. I was able to get 4 weeks disability(which I pay for) and 12 weeks
  • I stopped working at 25 weeks- I was very lucky and didn't have any health complications with my di/di twins. I just worked in an insanely stressful job (NYC advertising) and felt it was not a healthy environment for me to be in. I was uncomfortable physi
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"