Babies: 3 - 6 Months

XP - food allergies

just wondering if anyone has had any rashes because of food.  We fed DD2 oatmeal for the first time last sunday, she was sick so we stopped and started again on Tuesday.  Wednesday morning I noticed that her chin had all these little red bumps.  they weren't hives, I didn't think anything of them, since she's teething and has eczema too.  I figured she was just in desperate need of a bath, esepcailly with all her nebulizer treatments.  Last night I took a closer look, and this morning I noticed more are under her nose and kind of spreading up her facae.  Now I'm starting to get concerned that maybe it is because of the oatmeal. 

They're not hives, more like little red bumps and she's now had oatmeal tuesday night and wednesday night.  I've got a call into the doctor, but do you think this is an allergy rash, or do you think it's just from the nebulizer, or the extra wipes, or the teething or the drooling?  She's got no other issues, and there's nothing on her body or hands.  

Anyone have an experience with a food allergy rash?  what did it look like?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: XP - food allergies

• And it's isolated to that single area?  Do you think it's the result of just having food on her face while she's eating and that's what's bringing it on?  Like it's just irritating her skin?  I don't know, that was my first thought.  I
  • My first thought would be that it could just be irritation from drooling/food being on her face. My son has MSPI but has been on hypoallergenic formula for over 6 weeks now. Just within the last 2 weeks or so I've noticed he gets little red pimple like bu
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"