Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

Bad cold and cough - 15 Month Old

Hi all. We are going on week 6 of a cold and cough and have been to the doctor twice (first to check out the cough and 2nd for a well visit on Tuesday). They keep saying just let it run it's course. His cough has gotten prgressively worse the past two days and is now keeping him up on and off all night and he has an on/off fever.We are heading to doctor again today and I am going to ask for a decongestat. Any recomendations? We have tried everything else (Tylonel, Advil, Vicks, Humifier, Shower etc.). Any meds advice is appreciated

Re: Bad cold and cough - 15 Month Old

• Zarbees makes an all natural, honey-based cough syrup that is helpful here at night.  I also use the Nose Frieda on him before bedtime to help get out some of the phlegm.  If you use a saline rinse first, you'll get more out.  
    BFP#1 4/17/10...EDD 1/6/11...M/C 5/28/10 BFP#2 11/19/10...EDD 8/4/11 Squeaker born 7/30.
  • bronchitis has been going around our area this winter and I would be concerned about that with a cough that has lasted that long. 

There is a perscription (I wish I could remember the name of it) that is an oral does that is similar to wh

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • My 13 month old has had a bad cold and cough, it cleared up for like a week or two and now it's back, and guess what? So are new teeth!

I too had been to the doctor and she said basically the same thing- keep her comfortable and really t

• Update - Thanks everyone, just back from the doctor. Looks like it has turned into a double ear infection and possible sinus infection on top of that. 10 days of Amoxocillon. I am glad at least we are now diagonosed and on the way to recovery. I asked if
  • bschmitz09 - my little one has a mouth full of teeth, I cannot even keep track anymore but when he started cutting teeth it was almost always accompanied by a ton of drooling and a runny nose.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"