Multiples
Options

Very severe rib pain

I know rib pain is normal and have had it since about 18 weeks, but the last few day have been really, really bad. I'm almost 29 weeks and I am in excruciating pain. Like absolutely excruciating. It's debilitating. Laying on either side makes it worse, its diffiult to breathe, and when I sneezed earlier it literally felt like I've broken a bone. Now it's even worse, I can't sit, stand or lay. I've tried stretching, but no relief.

I'm not sure what to do.  Should I be worried at all? Call the dr? Is it possible to break a rib or hurt the baby? According to Mondays ultrasound, it seems to be Baby Bs head pressing on it.  Any suggestions are greatly appreciated! 
Me: 29 DH: 30 TTC # 1 since 2008, in denial of needing an RE until 2012 DX with severe MFI, straight to IVF IVF #1 August 2012- stims 8/18, ER 8/28- 18R, 11M, 10F. 9/3 ET cancelled due to chronic OHSS. 6 awesome embies on ice! 9/27 FET Beta #1: 427-BFP!!! Beta #2: 856 First u/s 10/15: two sacs!! Ahh, twins!! imageBabyFruit Ticker

Re: Very severe rib pain

• Options
    It's also a sign of preeclampsia so I would call my doctor to be safe.
  • Options

Babies can bruise, dislocate and even fracture ribs (I have yet to see/hear about a break)

*hugs* and I hope baby moves soon 

Eat your food people. You are pregnant, not made of glass. ~PrimRoseMama
    The Benes Boys were born 9/3/13! woooo
    imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageJessiebug81:
    I remember those days. Baby Bs butt was wedged up in my ribs and it was awful! I never got complete relief but se
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Definitely call your OB. My Baby B had his head jammed up in my ribs and it was the worst pain. I was also seeing a chiropractor, which helped a lot to give him more room to move out of that spot. If it ever got too bad, she would do some light rib adjust
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I agree with PPs. DS was in my ribs for about 24 hours and I ended up in the ER since I wasnt sure what was going on. They said it was my gallbladder and wanted me to talk to the gasteroenterologist (toally butchered that) and he was gung ho about surgery
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"