Working Moms

Everything coming to a head...

I wasn't sure if I was going back to work after this maternity leave or not. I finally decided to go back and take it week by week. I'm using my leave days to still by 4 days/week for a couple more weeks. I knew I didn't want to be FT but was debating asking for PT vs. just quitting. So...in the last few weeks..

we ended up buying a house that we hadn't been inside of (long story) and are planning to move (10 minutes from where we are now)

house needs a lot more work than we'd thought, plus we'll need to get our own house on the market, unless a relative buys it, which is possible (yet another ball in the air)

Dealing with all the house stuff is hitting just when I am supposed to be back to FT

Nanny originally planned to be here until August; now for various reasons needs to leave MID MAY! We just found this out. We love her and this is super sucky. 

I pretty much decided yesterday on leaving my job earlier in light of this, but found out today that another key person is leaving at end of April, plus we are filling some other openings. My boss will have a heart attack if I quit, too! So now I feel stuck at least PT, and we have to hire a new nanny, and we also have to deal with making all kinds of house decisions and getting the work done, plus actually moving.

AND, DH gets super busy at the end of the month and then typically works 7 days/week until 11 pm or so, until June.

Kind of overwhelmed! I think I will have to address the part time issue with my boss very soon but will try to let the dust settle a bit from the other person announcing her plan to leave. Oh, and, I think my pump is quitting on me. Shoot. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Everything coming to a head...

• Sorry this is all happening at once, but from the sound of things, quitting isn't really the best option right now (unless you make less than the nanny).  You bought a house that needs a lot more work than you expected and haven't even put your old h
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie - (HKbp)Lilypie - (WKbt)
     Lilypie - (2DqE)  Lilypie - (1KYE)
    Lilypie - (RlhZ)Lilypie - (1CAm)
  • FWIW, I agree with PP that unless you make more than the nanny (either FT or PT), then it makes sense to keep working.  I'm so sorry you're getting hit with all of this at once.  You're in survival mode right now so don't worry about everythi

• Loading the player...
  • Hi-I haven't seen you post in a while either welcome back or LoCarb get your head out of the gutter.

I agree working is probably the best option. Maybe you can negotiate flex time or salary with the changes in staff at work. Can nanny suggest a r

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I would continue working until the house stuff settles and you know what the new financial picture will look like.  You may need your income to handle the cost of the home rennovations.

My first priority would be to hire a new nanny.  I

• Deep breath...You will make it through all the crazness....I understand completely how you feel. Last year between Jan and June, DH and I bought a rental house, bought a new primary residence, moved, had our first baby (5 weeks early), a

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"