Natural Birth
Options

2 Birth Center Qs: food and clothes

So, we are using a birth center and with my due date rapidly approaching, I am going to start packing...two questions:

If you birthed at a center, what did you pack for clothing for yourself?  They gave me a checklist which basically says 3-4 mid thigh length shirts/gowns and a going home outfit, but I don't have 3-4 mid-thigh length shirts and quite frankly don't see myself wearing something like that.  We are planning a water birth and I'm a naked person anyways so I'm thinking I won't need all of that...thoughts?  Other suggestions?  

2nd question - they have a full kitchen and say to bring snacks for during labor, as well as food for after the birth - any good, easy suggestions on what to bring for a post-birth meal?  I'm thinking either a frozen casserole of some sort, or maybe just doing sandwiches...

Any other birth center must-have suggestions are appreciated also!

ETA: Checkout is 12 hours after birth, so I won't need a ton of stuff/be staying more than one day.

12 weeks 1 day - FIST PUMP!
image  Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Baby Boy born 4/8/13 9lbs
BFP #1 EDD 12.18.12 - Missed M/C at 9w3d D&C 5.22.12

Re: 2 Birth Center Qs: food and clothes

• Options

I gave birth at a birth center last time, if you don't wear gowns, don't buy any. Maybe bring a few of your DHs t-shirts to wear. Here are my other suggestions:

-bathing suit top or sports bra for the tub if you have big boobs

-nursing tank

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

How long do you anticipate staying? Are these items for labour or post birth?

I wore yoga type pants and loose tops. You definitely need extras in case you leak/make a mess on them. That is the good thing about just wearing long tops. You can hit

Elizabeth 5yrs old Jane 3yrs old

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I second KateLouise's suggestion to have lots of easy to eat snacks for home. I was STARVING in the early days of breastfeeding. Also, a cup with a lid that doesn't spill easily is super helpful because breastfeeding also makes you very thirsty.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"