High-Risk Pregnancy

Scared!

Well ladies I saw my high risk pregnancy doctor today! I'm 19 weeks today! I've been having trouble with my fluid levels! My first visit was .4 my 2nd visit was 1 well today was a 3. She said she would like me at a 5. Im on bed rest another two weeks taking in plenty of fluid. The ultrasound showed everything was developed. The baby had fluid in its stomach and bladder but they couldn't tell if they was working properly. She suggested I do the screenings for Down syndrome and chromosome abnormalities. What do you ladies think about this? I want to do it and be prepared if something's wrong and I don't want to do it in case I worry about it. She bascially told me a baby couldn't survive outside the wound with more chromosomes than needed. My babys head was really low and that worrys me, but my cervix was long and closed. She pretty much said I will be hospitalized from 24 weeks and until to monitor the baby everyday. Ladies if you have any advice please share? How much water should I be drinking? I currently drink about 5/6 16.9fl oz bottles a day. Sorry it's so long. Any advice ladies? Should start buying baby stuff or what? I was also told my placenta was bulky and she said that could cause the baby to work harder.

Re: Scared!

• Hello and welcome! I don't have much advice about screenings and AFI, but with the water I was told to drink until my urine is clear. This has been easier to o then track ozs. I hope things work out for you. Best wishes!
    IVF/ICSI #1 July/August 2011 BFP # 1 - B/G twins - preterm labor/cervical incompetency @ 23w3d FET # 1 March/April 2012 - BFN 5/1/12 FET # 2 July 2012 - BFN 7/24 FET # 3 BFP! EDD 5/15/13 Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Pregnancy Ticker
  • TNB82TNB82 member

"She bascially told me a baby couldn't survive outside the wound with more chromosomes than needed."

People with Down Syndrome have an extra 21 chromosome and they thrive into adulthood.  Of course there are other chromosome abnormalities th

imageBabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"