Multiples

how do you settle both babies?

This is assuming that only one parent was home w/ the twins (or more) for family leave during the early weeks/months. So if both of them are fussing, what do you do? Either one of mine will stop crying when cuddled but that leaves the other screaming.  I've got both of them on my lap at the moment w/ pacifiers to try to cuddle both but it's not going well...
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: how do you settle both babies?

• I learned to use all my appendages simultaneously. So if I was feeding one baby, I'd put the other in an RNP and rock it with my feet, or put him in the swing. I would also wear one baby in an Ergo and then hold the other on my side, kind of (hard to expl
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I will be interested to hear your replies? Have you got some motorised swings? Or even the old school bouncers so you can just bounce them both? Crying never hurt a baby so maybe just take one away and settle and put the settled one down n fix the other??
  • Loading the player...
  • I always tried to "triage" the situation and, depending on why the babies were fussing, handle the situation as best I could in order of importance...feed, burp, give a paci etc. There can definitely be some juggling involved esp if the babies are crying
  • I often wore one and walked holding the other, or fed the other, or held the other in my cross legged area to bounce or feed him.  I could also bounce a bouncer with my foot or put one in a swing.  I did alot of baby wearing though.  And sp

• Lots of tandem comfort nursing. Also wearing both in the Maya wrap and walking around or rocking them.
  • You have to see what works for your babies. i sometimes sat on the couch holding one while the other swung or was in a bounce chair that I bounced. Sometimes they both wanted to be held so I would have them both lay on my chest and hold them on.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • jcathjcath member

I would wear one and hold one alot too.  Sometimes just swaddling one and giving her a few minutes in her crib would calm her down.  I think overstimulation is often the culprit of unexplained crying.  

Putting both in the rock and

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"