Food & Nutrition

Shrimp - help!

Hi ladies,

Coming to you for dinner help!

I am new to shrimp (I thought my entire life that I was allergic, so I only started eating it a few months ago!) and only know one way to cook it: saute in a pan with butter and seasonings and add it to basically any dish.

HELP ME! There must be other things I can do with this stuff! Any advice is appreciated - the poor suckers were staring at me this morning and I have been thinking about this all day.

THANKS!

Bump Jackie

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Shrimp - help!

• Toss them in a mixture of melted butter or coconut oil (or olive oil), taco seasoning and brown sugar.  Roast them in the oven on a sheet of parchment paper at around 400 degrees until they turn pink.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I like to toss many different foods in a mixture of olive oil, brown sugar, sesame oil, and balsamic vinegar.  It's really tasty on seafood.  I would soak the shrimp in the sauce and either pan fry or grill.

imageimage
    Parenting Floozie Brigades official motto:  We welcome to you the board with open legs.  Also, open beers. ~@cinemagoddess

• Loading the player...
  • Growing up, about once a week we'd have tossed with olive oil and garlic and then roasted for a couple minutes in the oven (shrimp cook really quickly!).  My folks would toss this with linguine or spaghetti.

I also love broiled shrimp with y

June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Ladies, THANK YOU!!!!

On Friday (lent) I made the mix of olive oil, brown sugar, sesame oil and a bit of butter and grilled. SO GOOD!! I added some brown rice (that I attempted to make fried rice style) -- it was delish. 

I will be try

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • shrimp stir-fry

pasta, marinara sauce, and shrimp

shrimp tacos

cajun food, jambalaya or gumbo 

curry soup with shrimp

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic