December 2012 Moms

Flying with baby

I am taking DD to Pennsylvania to see my family in two weeks.  DH can't come because he has to work, so it will just be me and DD.  I was planning to wear her in the Bjorn at the airport, but I will also need to bring her car seat and stroller, which I will gate check.  

Anyway, my question is about going through security...will they make me take her out of the Bjorn, or can I walk through with her in it, since it is all material and plastic?  I am guessing the answer is yes, but just wondering what others have done.  I'm just thinking about the logistics of getting everything through the x ray machine, and then having to get her in and out of the carrier.  I feel bad for the people behind me in line already...

Re: Flying with baby

• I'm in Canada so I know some regulations vary, but when I flew I used a ring sling. I had to take it off bc of the metal ring, but the woman at security told me if I used a wrap next time I could leave her in. She said you only have to take the baby off i
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • When I have flown in the past, I had to take baby out of the carrier. I'm not sure if this was airport specific or if this is a standard FAA policy.
    Ivy: July 2010  |  Stella: Dec 2012  |  BFP#3: MMC at 11Wk's, July 2017 | Wyatt: April 2019 | BFP#5: Twin Girls due Sept 2020

• Loading the player...
  • Hmm, it almost seems like it would be easier to skip the X-ray machine and have them give me the pat down if they are me take her out.  At least then there won't be impatient people behind me.  I'll just have to wing it I guess!
  • We went to Amsterdam and a total of 4 flights and I never had to take her out. I didn't even have to go through the metal detectors. They either pat you down or swab your hand. I had her in the Bjorne. I saw other moms with them in slings and they wore th
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    DD#1 December '12
    DD#2 New Year's Baby '15
    Married 07/09
  • imageperfectlove09:
    We went to Amsterdam and a total of 4 flights and I never had to take her out. I didn't even have to go through
  • I just flew from Boston to Ohio to take my 3 month old DS to meet my side of the family. DH came down with us but headed home early to work so I came back by myself. I wore DS through the airport in my Ergo carrier. Both times we did not have to take him
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"