November 2012 Moms

Insurance and Formula

Does anyone get their insurance to pay for their formula or part of it?  If so, how did you get it covered by insurance?

LO has bad eczema.  Originally the pedi thought it was craddle cap.  Then it started spreading to the rest of his body when I stopped nursing.  When we went for LO's 4 month check up, his eczema looked the worst its evey been (I felt like a terrible mom).  The pedi seems to think he may have a food allergy since I have them too and his eczema appeared all over his body after I stopped with BM. Plus he rubs his eyes a lot more which was my symptom of allergies when I was younger. Now he has to get blood work done and switch formulas to Nutragamin.  I remember someone on this board mentioning they were able to get their formula covered/partly covered by insurance.  The pedi warned me that Nutragamin is more expensive then gentlease.   I hope insurance will take pity on me and cover some of the formula.  Hopefully we can switch to solids soon but I have veggie and fruit allergies too.  I hope LO does not get those. 

Sorry for the long story.  Just frustrated.  TIA! 

Re: Insurance and Formula

• We were on nutramigen for a few weeks, and it is more expensive, but not a lot. Since it is OTC, you're chances of getting covered are slim.

Also, babies should be on bm or formula for a year, so even though you are introducing them at 6mo,
    050 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • You two are right. Should of proof read before posting. When I wrote start solids, I meant introduce solids.
    I plan on making LO's food. My mother keeps wanting to feed him purees but I keep telling her no to wait till I get the okay by the pedi.
  • Loading the player...
  • V is on Alimentum. It is covered by insurance in full----I don't even pay a co-pay.

I had to do some leg work with insurance company. You have to figure out the right place to call. For my insurance company I had to go through nursing line. (I pr

IMG_4550[1] Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Ours does. 

A friend of mine got a prescription for formula and insurance gave her a 9 month supply for about $90.

It wasn't a special kind, just regular formula.  

oa1
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

? Voted Cool Cat ~ 2012 Sweetpea Mom Awards ?

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • imagejg1011:

V is on Alimentum. It is covered by insurance in full----I don't even pay a co-pay.

I had to do some leg work wi

• imagekiraliz2:
    imagejg1011:</
    IMG_4550[1] Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"