April 2013 Moms

Flip flops...

I am packing my hospital bag and just realized that I ll be needing flip flops for the shower.I ve done a little searching on etsy but didn't find anything worth while.Any suggestions ? I prefer the ones with 1 1/2 inches heels and perhaps a flower to decorate them.I am also looking for a handmade mobile for the nursery ...(girly,pink -light green as for the colors).if you can think of anything cute to buy online would appreciate it..by the way it's so nice to see pics from the first babies that have arrived early...it makes me wanna hug my LO but she's still on my belly!!so I'll just hug my big bump!!

Re: Flip flops...

• You are going to wear flip flops with heels and a flower on them in the shower??  I am bringing my $1 foam flip flops from Old Navy. 

BFP #1: 08/17/2012  DD1 born 05/01/2013

BFP #2: 07/31/2015  M/C 09/23/2015 (11.5 weeks)

BFP #3: 12/16/2015 DD2 born 8/27/2016
  • They aren't cute and flowery, but Old Navy always has cheap flip flops. You might want to go cheap instead of cute for this particular shower occasion :) 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imageFremdschamen:
    You are going to wear flip flops with heels and a flower on them in the shower??nbsp; I am bringing my 1 foam flip fl
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Anniversary

BFP #1: 5/10/12; 5/22/12: pregnancy deemed not viable (probably CP)
    BFP #2: 8/2/12; Due date: 4/14/13, DD born 4/5/2013
    BFP #3: 11/2/14, Due date: 7/7/15
  • imageletranger:
    Dying.

Right?  I can't even imagine wearing 1.5 inch heels in the shower, especially

BFP #1: 08/17/2012  DD1 born 05/01/2013

BFP #2: 07/31/2015  M/C 09/23/2015 (11.5 weeks)

BFP #3: 12/16/2015 DD2 born 8/27/2016
  • imagehisbabygirl76:

imageFrem
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageFremdschamen:
    You are going to wear flip flops with heels and a flower on them in the shower??  I am bringing my $1 fo

"I wanted you more than you'll ever know, so I sent love to follow wherever you go."

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

image Follow Me on Pinterest

Ginny DX 21-Hydroxylase Deficiency Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia

Charlie DX Specific Antibody Deficiency & ASD

• Please please please please please tell me that this is a joke about the flip flops!?

you're going to order special flip flops -- with a HEEL?! -- to wear in the wet slippery shower while you're 9 months pregnant and in labor?

That seems...

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I'm actually swiping my husband's flip flops that he doesn't wear. I can't imagine wearing heeled floral flip flops as shower/doing the labor shuffle shoes.
  • Call me crazy, but I'm going to go ahead and venture a guess that hospital bathrooms are thoroughly cleaned between patients and flip flops are not necessary like they are in SHARED shower areas, like gyms.

No flip flops for me.  Flowers, g

Mommy to
    Tyler (10/29/08)
    and Lily (4/21/13)

• imageFremdschamen:
    You are going to wear flip flops with heels and a flower on them in the shower??nbsp; I am bringing my 1 foam flip fl
    DD 4/3/04 & #2 EDD April 21, 2013 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imagerayofsunshine99:

Call me crazy, but I'm going to go ahead and venture a guess that hospital bathrooms are thoroughly cleaned b

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • imageJSS1002:
    imagerayofsunshine
    Mommy to
    Tyler (10/29/08)
    and Lily (4/21/13)

• imagerayofsunshine99:
    Call me crazy, but I'm going to go ahead and venture a guess that hospital bathrooms are thoroughly cleaned betwee
  • I'll be bringing my plain black cheap flip flops. Not to shower in, but to wear as I have no other shoe options that fit my swollen feet. I don't feel the need to accentuate my feet and draw people's attention there with flowers or heels, plus I have hear
    BFP #1 2/20/12 - ectopic methotrexate @6w2d on 3/6/12 BFP#2 7/27/12 EDD 4/10/13- It's a boy! imageimagePhotobucketBabyName Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • I got the impression that flip flops with a heel and decorative flower are the type OP usually likes to wear, not what she wants for the shower...maybe I'm wrong? 

Seriously, cheapie flip flops are what you wanna get; that way, you can just

Anniversary  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Ivee4Ivee4 member
    imagemrsbea:
    imagerayofsunshine99:</
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageIvee4:
    imagemrsbea:</d
  • imageFremdschamen:
    You are going to wear flip flops with heels and a flower on them in the shower??  I am bringing my $1 foam fli

• I also suggest flip flops from Old Navy that are cheap and you can wear them in the shower and then throw them away.  The chances of you getting splashes of blood, fluid and other bodily secretions all of them are very, very high. 
    Met: 1/21/2005
    Married: 6/27/2008
    DS: 3/14/2010 Planned, PG first try
    M/C 6/2012
    DD: 4/22/2013 Planned, UnDx Infertility, PG on our own
    BFP: 10/28/2016 Unplanned, HUGE SURPRISE! 
    M/C 12/12/2016
    BFP: 10/27/2017 Unplanned, HUGE SURPRISE
    EDD: 7/2/2018

Babysizer Manly Pregnancy Tracker
  • imagemrsbea:
    imagerayofsunshi
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

Adalyn 9/28/2010 & Peter 4/1/2013

• imagejackie9480:

imagemrsbea:</st
  • imagemrsbea:
    imagerayofsunshi

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • imagejackie9480:

imagemrsbea:
    Mommy to
    Tyler (10/29/08)
    and Lily (4/21/13)

• imagebdcram:

Why are you going to wear flip flops with a heal in the shower?

ETA: For all the women that are "skeeved" out by

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Oh, thank you for the laugh! My vote is get a pedi before labor and get a pair of cheap ones from old navy as well. No need for such fanciness for a post delivery shower!! However, because of pictures, I did make my best friend put make up on me before I
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I travel a lot and have never worn flip flops in a hotel shower and I've been fine. I guess I don't get skeeved out stuff like that. My hospital rooms also have private birthing suites with private showers and I'm not planning on wearing flip flops in

BFP #2: 11-7-14, CP (BFN: 11-13-14)

BFP #3: 3/24/15 EDD: 12/5/15

• So I started by imagining myself wearing heels at this point in pregnancy which definitely made me laugh. I then imagined myself wearing heels in the shower. Then I imagined my post delivery self last time around wearing heels in the hospital bathroom sho
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I got cheap Old Navy ones for the shower. I plan to throw them out before leaving the hospital. 
  • Oh sweet baby Jesus - heels and flowers?  Do you know what comes out of you after birth? Cheap flip flops...
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagebdcram:

Why are you going to wear flip flops with a heal in the shower?

ETA: For all the women that are "skeeved" out by

• imagehatroopes:

I travel a lot and have never worn flip flops in a hotel shower and I've been fine. I guess I don't get skeeved out

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • imageAMJ6511:
    imagebdcram:<
  • That's my point there's nothing wrong with taking precautions, but ultimately there's a lot of blind faith involved.

BFP #2: 11-7-14, CP (BFN: 11-13-14)

BFP #3: 3/24/15 EDD: 12/5/15

• I will be wearing my cheap flip flops in the shower and everywhere else in the hospital.  I get so skeeved out, and I will have a private shower stall in both l&d and pp room.  

I also travel with clorox wipes and take the comforter

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • This post is hysterical. I can't get over the heels, flowers etc. in the shower... I hope everyone keeps making funny comments because I'm enjoying this :) 
  • Hospitals are the nastiest places to place your bare feet or any other body part. I am an ICU nurse and cringe whenever I see a small child visiting touching surfaces, floor ect. Yes the rooms are cleaned and sanitized, but there is no way ALL surface are
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagemrsbea:
    imageAMJ6511:<

IAmPregnant Ticker

• imagerayofsunshine99:

Call me crazy, but I'm going to go ahead and venture a guess that hospital bathrooms are thoroughly cleane

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"