Blended Families

First the good...

Sunday SS and I were home alone for a while and we had been watching TV.  I switched it off and told him he were going to chat. 

Ilumine had pinned a page on pinterest, Questions to ask your kids, and I decided to give it a go.

What are you most proud of yourself for?  SS didn't know what he was proud of and I said I could easily name 20 things.  He dared me to and I did.  He was chuffed!

Who is the kindest person you know? Why?  After some consideration he said either his grandfather or me! 

He said his grandfather does a lot for him, the things that his father should do, like takes him to football practice etc.  He told me that his grandfather always says 'if he had a Euro for every time he steps in where DH should he would be rich'.  OMG!!!

SS then said that I am probably the kindest person he knows because I also do a lot for him and that his grandfather is his family, and while I am his family, I am not really 'if you know what I mean'.  He said that his grandfather also says that if it was not for me and him SS would get to go nowhere.  He grandfather always tells him he should be very grateful to me.

He sais that he knows I do not 'have to' take him to football and I do not 'have to' pay for it and I do not 'have to' give him pocket money.  He said BM always says that he is a lucky boy and that it does not always work out that way.  He then told me about one of his friends who hates his SM.

What is the one thing you would like to learn to do well?  He would like to be a footballer but I am the only one who tells him he is any good.  Even his granddad says he is not great.  And he knows he is not great but I always say its not about winning its about participating.

I asked him if he could not be a footballer what would be be.  He is not sure but when he grows up he wants to be really confident like me! 

He brought up an argument that DH and I had about a year ago and how I handled it and he wants to be like that.  Apparently I never shout (in front of him maybe!).  Also I called Sky to upgrade our cable TV and I got them to upgrade us and lower the cost!  He said he knows his mom is not confident like me and would have just paid the higher price.

Talk about kids see everything!

I was blown away by our conversation.  I only listed the q&a's that pertained to me BUT there were more that did not and I am amazed and proud of what an great and insightful kid he is.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: First the good...

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"