December 2011 Moms

Picky eater

We've been trying table foods for awhile now, but DS is a terribly picky eater at home. Luckily at Day care he eats way better. All the usual things most people say theior kiddos love, he won't touch!  I can't get him to eat any fruits except raisens or just this last weekend I had a little luck with pineapple chips. (Dried with no sugar added). He won't touch veggies.  The only thing I've had luck with are things that are bread or bread like. (pizza, chicken nuggets, & fish sticks. Sometimes cheerios.  LOVES goldfish & other crackers). He won't try hot dogs, or pasta, or anything that is wet.  Breakfast has been the best success with oatmeal & waffles.

Anyone else's LO as picky as this? He's still eating a lot of baby food & I want to get him off of that more.  Hoping just letting him do this at his own pace will work out pretty soon. DH watches him 2 days a week & tends to only give him what he knows he will eat - because it is "easier."  I don't see myself winning that battle anytime soon.

My 2 December boys

Re: Picky eater

• We went through this too and I did what other people said, keep offering foods and if he tries it then that's good if he doesn't, he doesn't. I would give him something I know that he likes and then something different and usually he would at least taste
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• My LO is very picky. She will eat any fruit and most veggies but she won't touch meat. Them for things like pasta and pizza, some days she loves it, and other days she won't touch it. Right now, I feel like we are in a food rut, eating the same things eve
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • The only thing I've never had DS turn down is a banana, everything else, even including his other favorites like Cheerios, sweet potato, grapes and puffs have been spit out or thrown on the ground at some point. He refuses anything with tomato, all pasta
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Thanks guys!  We will continue to keep truckin!  90% of the time he doesn't even get it near his mouth to even know if he likes the taste or not! He loves fruits & veggies in pureed form, so at least I know I can still get nutrition in

My 2 December boys

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"