December 2010 Moms

Do any of your DHs/SOs do this?

OK, so please be honest and tell me if I'm overreacting here...

SO has a "snacking" problem.  As in, he wants to and DOES snack at any time of the day.  So, um, anytime R sees SO eating chips and dip, or cookies, or ice cream, HE WANTS SOME.  To me, this is DUH, DON'T EAT THIS SHIIT IN FRONT OF HIM because I don't want him to think this is OK, especially at this early age.  Apparently, SO & I have very different ideas of what's Ok behavior (on more than this issue, but that's another post)

So I casually asked SO as he sat on the couch with a huge bowl of ice cream at 8:30 tonight, and R promptly climed up next to him saying "Ice cream?", what he thought was going to happen.  SO looked puzzled, like what was I talking about.  UM....THE FACT THAT I DO NOT WANT MY 2YO HAVING FREAKING ICE CREAM AT 8:30 AT NIGHT AND IF HE SEES YOU EATING IT HE'S GOING TO WANT IT!!!!!!!!!!!  And you're sitting here trying to eat it in front of him like it's no big deal...

So SO got pissed, threw his bowl of ice cream away, and stormed off to the bedroom.  And I haven't talked to him since.

So, do your SOs do this stuff?  Or am I the only one with a completely clueless "Father of the Year"? 

ETA:  That last part was mean.  Sorry.  But he isn't exactly FOTY material lately...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Do any of your DHs/SOs do this?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"