May 2012 Moms

Periods still not normal

My midwife and all of the reference books I've seen say that it can take up to a year for cycles to normalize after baby, but here I am at almost 11 months out and they are still all over the place. I got AF back at 8 weeks PP. Cycles have been anywhere from 24 to 33 days since then. Before baby they were nearly always 28 or 29 days. Anyone else still nowhere near normal at this point, or am I just lucky?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Periods still not normal

• I wouldn't call it particularly abnormal that your cycles vary 24 to 33 days. That is not that far off from what you say they were prior to getting pregnant.

your cycles may not return to what they were prepregnancy. Also, if you've gained w
    BabyFetus Ticker

Corbin | born 4.19.12
    Baby boy #2 | due 4.13.15
  • 24 or 33 days isn't irregular at all irregular is me or a bunch of other moms that go months with out getting it. I got my first pp Af at 14 weeks and have only had 3 since then. Most women I know who have kids are not on an exact schedule.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Untitled
  • Loading the player...
  • I wouldn't be concerned about 24-33 days.  I would be more concerned if I was only getting a few periods a year and had no idea when they were coming.  It sounds like you are getting a monthly period so that is normal.  Pregnancy does crazy
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersimageimageimage
  • I actually am charting and did for years while ttc. The problem is that I still ovulate on CD 14 or 15 every cycle, but my luteal phase keeps changing. That's the weird part. I'm assuming my progesterone level hasn't regulated yet and was just wondering i

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"