December 2010 Moms
Options

Mom's of 2+ - help :(

So we've been home with Kieran since Thursday and it's been less than a great experience to say the least.

When I was still in the hospital on Wednesday, we got a phone call from day care saying that Brody had a fever. She let him stay there the rest of the day but then DH had to go pick him up and I was alone in the hospital until Thursday morning. We went home Thursday and Brody saw Kieran, pushed him and said "No!"

Friday morning, Brody trashed Kieran's room because I couldn't pick him up right away (knocked over the laundry, knocked over books and tried to break the lamp). 

Yesterday, B was diagnosed with a double ear infection and is on meds. He's definitely not himself, but I feel like he is a demon child, seriously lol. Today alone, he pushed, bit and pulled my hair. He's only acting out towards me (and the baby, not DH). Everyone tells me it's normal, but I don't know how much of it is his autism and inability to understand what's going on.

I am just so discouraged...I'm tired, sleep deprived, I've had 2 migraines since I've been home and I feel like throwing in the towel with BFing already. I'm so engorged (I don't remember it being this bad the first time around) and my right side is bleeding and cracked. It's SO painful. I cry all of the time - ugh!!! HORMONES!

So please tell me that this will all get better....please please please please. 

My little man at 0-1-2
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Follow Me on Pinterest Pin me baby!
BabyFruit Ticker http://mamasaywhat.com/

Re: Mom's of 2+ - help :(

• Options
    I'm so sorry you are going through. I only have the one still so I don't have any advice. Just wanted to offer hugs!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Awwww I'm so sorry hun. :-( Honestly, a lot of it probably has to do with him not feeling well. Charlie acts all kinds of crazy when he's sick. I'm sure once he feels better things will change. Hang in there!!

"I wanted you more than you'll ever know, so I sent love to follow wherever you go."

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

image Follow Me on Pinterest

Ginny DX 21-Hydroxylase Deficiency Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia

Charlie DX Specific Antibody Deficiency & ASD

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Yes, Yes, Yes it does get better. I promise. The situation is still so so new. I would say completely just try to get through the next few days until B is better physically. Then you can actually assess how he is feeling towards the baby, and take appr

photo IMG_6758_zps3fe7e628.jpg
  • Options

So sorry watermellens!  I'm sure the new baby + ear infections is totally getting B down right now.  Once the meds kick in and he's had a couple more days, I bet he'll be right back to your sweet boy.  I had the same BFing issues.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Thanks so much for your support ladies - nice to know from those that have been there that we're not alone and it does get better! I don't know what I was expecting exactly...I knew it wasn't going to be sunshine and rainbows from day 1 but I guess I f

My little man at 0-1-2
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Follow Me on Pinterest Pin me baby!
    BabyFruit Ticker http://mamasaywhat.com/

• Options
    kj07kj07 member
    Late to the party, but I wanted to send you some "You can do it!" hugs.
    photo 8653f130-7264-42f4-8d67-9a73d64cacce_zps8c973e49.jpg

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP #1 4/14/10. Big B born 12/28/10.

BFP #2 5/27/12. EDD 2/1/13. m/c and D&C 6/21/12.
  • Options
    I don't have any advice, but am sending you lots of T&P and hugs and hoping things get better for you fast!
    Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMugPhoto & Video Sharing by SmugMug

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

It gets better!  I swear!  It took a while for Griff to adjust to Bishop but with Brody being sick, its probably even harder for him.  I'm sorry you're dealing with all of this at once though.  That must be really tough.  Is th

• Options
    I don't have 2 yet, but I wanted to give you big internet hugs! You are such a good mama, hang in there and be patient with Brody, his life has been turned upside down while he is feeling awful. And I'm sure the same is probably true for you! Give it s
    I used to be a big deal.  Now I'm just old. 
  • Options

Late, but wanted to chime in too that it DOES get better!  SO didn't take any time off, so I was by myself from the beginning (my Mom still works full time and SO's Mom was, well, not invited to spend a lot of time)

The first FEW months fo

• Options

It will get better! I'm only 7 weeks in but it's already so much better!

My best advice- don't  "blame" the baby when you can't do something for your older child. For example, instead of, "I can't right now, I'm feeding the baby," say

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"