High-Risk Pregnancy

High Risk due to BP

Hi all,

I am new here, 1st pregnancy. I am 29 and I have high blood pressure. It linked closely to the anxiety disorder that I have. I thought it was under control but the pregnancy has made everything a bit jumpy.

I am curious to see if anyone as any good methods for bringing your BP down naturally? Also if anyone has actually taken BP meds while pregnant? I was also told that because I have high BP I will have to have an epidural, does anyone know if this is accurate??

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: High Risk due to BP

• Welcome and congrats.  Sorry you have to be here though.<span style="mso-spa

• Hi, I also have HBP due to kidney disease.  I'm currently on methyldopa which has been keeping my BP at a normal level.  Watching your sodium intake helps as well.  I hadn't heard the part about an epi being necessary - I hope that's not th
    Hoping this one stays put a little longer
    BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Loading the player...
  • My OB diagnosed me as chronic hypertensive around my 5th/6th month. I was put on Labetalol 100mg twice daily and it has kept my BP in  check. It took a little bit but my readings have been in the 120/70 range for the past 2 months. I had 1 rise bu

• ME Too! FTM, 29, with high BP.

At my first prenatal appointment my OB put me on Labetalol to treat previously undiagnosed hypertension.

Then when I met with my perinatologist she told me to take 1 baby aspirin a day and that this was sa

• I am also HR due to blood pressure and a FTM.  I have had high blood pressure for the past 12 years (ever since I started teaching!)  I used to be on one type of medicine but when I first started trying to get pregnant in Nov 2011 they switched
    <Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker>
  • Thank you all so much for the responses!

My midwife did put me on 81mg of Aspirin a day and I have done my best to cut sodium out, but that stuff is sneaky! Its in nearly everything! I was in a great yoga class but the instructor said I coul

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"