May 2013 Moms

How are your nails?

Although I take my pnvs religiously, I've noticed that my nails have become weaker during the course of pregnancy. They were pretty strong, but lately they've been soft and peeling. Anyone else have this issue? I haven't been drinking a ton of milk, but I do drink some and with all the tums I eat, I know I get a decent amount of calcium in.
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: How are your nails?

• It's been the opposite for me. My nails never grow usually but since being pregnant they're growing like wild fire and are stronger. I've put it down to the prenatal vitamins.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Mine have been stronger and they grow faster---but the same hasn't happened for my hair.
  • Loading the player...
  • I was really looking forward to the faster growing/stronger nails benefit of taking pre-natal vitamins, but mine are just as weak as before and break very easily.
    CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers CafeMom Tickers
    O14 January Signature Challenge: Snow Fails
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • yep!!! mine have been all bendy and peeling. Just in the past couple weeks. I wondered if anyone else was having this as well.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Yup, lots of breakage here too.  I've been assuming it's a combo of factors but weather seems to be a culprit.  Maybe I'm delusional.
    Kim 

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic image
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • I went through a stint this pregnancy around 2nd tri where my hair and nails were growing so fast and strong! I was so happy to finally have great hair and nails. And then about a month ago BAM I have crappy hair (even worse than prepregnancy) and my nail
  • imageTheyCalledHerKate:
    Mine have been stronger and they grow faster---but the same hasn't happened for my hair.
    BFP #1 10/6/11 | EDD 6/15/12 | MMC 11/7/11 @ 8w3d | D&C 11/14/11

BFP #2 8/22/12 | EDD 5/5/13 | DS1 born 5/9/13

BFP #3 4/25/15 | EDD 1/7/16 | MMC 7/2/15 @ 13w1d | D&E 7/8/15

BFP #4 12/9/15 | EDD 8/22/16 | DS2 born 5/18/16 at 26w2d

Just keep swimming.
  • Add in two calcium chews a day. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
      Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I wa also looking forward to having nice nails for once during this pregnancy as well as nice, quickly growing hair but those things never happened for me. So much for those hopes! Of course, silly me cut off many inches of my hair at the beginning of my
  • Mine are odd. They are both stronger, AND more prone to peeling than usual. They don't grow particularly fast, though.

On my thumb I have a nail that has been split my entire life, and this pregnancy has actually fixed it! it almost looks like a

First M/C - March 2006, pregnancy not known about.
    BFP#1 03/17/12 DD 11/09/12 Missed MC 05/14/12 (No growth past 9wk1d) D&C 05/22/12
    Removal of Ovarian Cyst 07/27/12
    BFP#2 09/17/12 DD 05/29/13 STICK BABY STICK!

PgAL MARCH SIGGY CHALLENGE: PET SHAMING

imageBabyFetus Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Mine improved greatly during 1st tri. But then half way through 2nd tri, they went to the crapper. I'm assuming LO's calcium needs went up then. I've recently added calcium chews to make sure he's getting enough. :
  • Mine were definitely growing faster during the first half of the pregnancy. However, when I left my job at the end of the year I decided to treat myself to a gel manicure, since my old job didn't allow polish and was just generally tough on my nails. I go
  • Mine are doing the peeling/flaking thing too.  It sucks.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"