Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

Diaper rash

Hi moms

Those that have dealt with diaper rash I need some advice.  LO had a diaper rash from his antibiotic that he was taking.  I have been slathering him in Triple Paste along with Lotrimin antifungal twice a day.  There are two red spots (they seem raw) that won't clear up.  I called the ped and they said to keep doing what Im doing.  Any suggestions?? 

Re: Diaper rash

• Options
    I would ditch the triple paste put the antifungal on and put A and d overtop and see if that works. Also if it is raw depending on the location it could be a strep rash. I went through this with dd talking to the PEdi on the phone and finally I demanded t
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    What did they do for the strep rash?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    You're probably already doing this but make sure the area is really dry before apply any creams and if possible give the areas as much air time as you can which I know from experience can be a challenge with loose stool. Hang in there and if you're still
  • Options
    I have found that Triple Paste doesn't work well to get rid of an existing rash.  We use extra strength Desitin anytime DD gets a rash, and the other stuff as a preventative.  First thing is after you finish wiping your LO, make sure he's comple

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Definitely get the extra strength stuff. Butt paste or desitin. It has 40 zinc in it. Don't use wipes. Wet cloths or paper towels. We would soak our son in a bath of baking soda to help take the sting away. You can also put Vaseline over top of the butt p
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    We are going through this.  I stopped using desitin and just used Clotrimazole cream--Target brand, I asked the pharmacist and she said that is what pedis recommend, at every diaper change.  It cleared up in less than a day.  I also only us
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    My /Chart; BFP 3/8/11 CP 3/16/11; 7/11 HSG & S/A both clear;
    Cycle 12~ 50 mg Clomid=BFP 9/9/11, Beta #1=280 & Beta #2=1513, 6w3d hb=122 bpm/ 8w2d hb=186 bpm/12w2d could not hear hb had a 3rd u/s and got to see the hb. 16w2d heard the hb! 156 bpm. A/S 1/3=girl
    <a href="http://www.thenest.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=HTML&utm_campaign=tickers" title="Home D
  • Options

imagejune2012mom:
    What did they do for the strep rash?

she was put on oral  antibiotics then cream al

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We use Lil Goats diaper cream w/ 40% zinc which the extra strenght A and D has in it too. I'd put the lotrimin on and rub it in. Wait a min and then put the diaper cream on REALLY thick. Our LO's cleared up in a few days.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We had a similar issue.  Our little guy's diaper area got so bad that it almost looked like it was going to start to scab over!  Our pediatrician's office said to use extra strength Desitin (we also used Eucerin healing ointment under the diaper
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"